Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by katotter View Post
    Am I under the wrong impression?
    It would seem so.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: Replacing SD firearm ?

Yes you are. S13, S14, S15, S16 all contain a mention of being used for "any legal purpose"

Use the search function on the forum for further reading

User

This is a great post....
    I will soon be applying for Section 16...
    Should have gone through this process first

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by katotter View Post
    Am I under the wrong impression? I thought you can only carry a S13 as EDC otherwise you have yards and yards if paperwork to fill in if you want to carry a S15 or S16?
    You may use basically anything to protect a human life. That can be a spade, a shovel, a newspaper or a stick. Or a firearm.

The trouble is not that it is legal or illegal to carry a S15/16 firearm. The trouble is with SAPS personell who ask for your firearm and have either not been schooled properly, or want to be important, or may be looking for a bribe.

User

Thank you all. Ia am now better enlightened. I will however be registering my new FA on S13.

User

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I replaced my SP1 with a Glock.

Motivated for SD with a letter from a gunshop stating intent to purchase my current pistol.
    I did likewise but confirmed in my motivation that I would be selling my BHP as soon as the licence was granted. This worked really well... no lengthy delays without a s.13 FA.

User

When I did it previously I kept my SD and applied with a letter stating i will be handing in on approval of new license. 4 months later license declined. Handed in my SD another 4 months and it was approved.

I again now sold my SD for another gun this time handing it in at the beginning. Went to the police last week and they refused to take my application as my other SD still shows on my name and it can take the CFR some time apparently to get it off.

BLatt. I sold a CZ Shadow Febr 2016 to a Dealer.

In June/July I noticed it was still on my name.
    Although I had a valid stamped 534 transfer of ownership form from dealer and their DFO.
    Also had 350 they submitted to CFR.
    By Sept 16 it was still showing. I phoned CFR. Got to Western Cape section. Guy said they are so behind with this. That they do the whole take off transfer as the new owner gets license approved.
    I handed in an app about 6 weeks ago. DFO printed report. Finally the Shadow was off my name.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    BLatt. I sold a CZ Shadow Febr 2016 to a Dealer.

In June/July I noticed it was still on my name.
    Although I had a valid stamped 534 transfer of ownership form from dealer and their DFO.
    Also had 350 they submitted to CFR.
    By Sept 16 it was still showing. I phoned CFR. Got to Western Cape section. Guy said they are so behind with this. That they do the whole take off transfer as the new owner gets license approved.
    I handed in an app about 6 weeks ago. DFO printed report. Finally the Shadow was off my name.
    Thanks for this, will go speak to the DFO again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2