Thread: Help

Default Help

In the process of obtaining a fire arm.
    Today was the second time in three weeks that somebody tried to rob me.
    First time i believe they tried to hijack me....one guy at passenger window distracted me an when i looked right the guy was standing next to me trying to open my door...didnt look to see if he had a gun....just floored it over the red light.
    Today they tried to steal some wheelbarrows off the bakkie. Again a guy distracted me asking for a lift...then i saw the bugger trying to take a wheelbarrow off the bakkie....i put it in reverse and dropped the clutch. Dude whent flying.

The above incedents just sollidified my resolve. I need a gun.

Now the thing i need help with.
    Told the wife about the gun....she had no problem with it.
    Told her that ill be carrying it all day EVERYDAY even at home and the sh@% hit the fan.
    She wants me to lock it away when im at home...i tried to explain why you carry all the time but shes not budging. Soooo me being the weakling that i am i passionately defended my position telling her she cant have an opinion on something she knows nothing about...nou is ek ini kak
    This has turned into an uncomfortable situation.

We have a 2 1/2 year old boy and another on his way in march...when i told her that i plan to stash the gun next to the bed at night was when things went south.

I guess shes scared that the kids might get hold of it...im scared i have to ask mr robber to wait a sec while i go to the safe to fetch my pistol.

What can i do to set her mind at ease...what kind of night time storage can i get that would prevent kids to get their little hands on the gun but will still be easily accessable to me in time of need

User

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Blink Stefaans View Post
    In the process of obtaining a fire arm.
    Today was the second time in three weeks that somebody tried to rob me.
    First time i believe they tried to hijack me....one guy at passenger window distracted me an when i looked right the guy was standing next to me trying to open my door...didnt look to see if he had a gun....just floored it over the red light.
    Today they tried to steal some wheelbarrows off the bakkie. Again a guy distracted me asking for a lift...then i saw the bugger trying to take a wheelbarrow off the bakkie....i put it in reverse and dropped the clutch. Dude whent flying.

The above incedents just sollidified my resolve. I need a gun.

Now the thing i need help with.
    Told the wife about the gun....she had no problem with it.
    Told her that ill be carrying it all day EVERYDAY even at home and the sh@% hit the fan.
    She wants me to lock it away when im at home...i tried to explain why you carry all the time but shes not budging. Soooo me being the weakling that i am i passionately defended my position telling her she cant have an opinion on something she knows nothing about...nou is ek ini kak
    This has turned into an uncomfortable situation.

We have a 2 1/2 year old boy and another on his way in march...when i told her that i plan to stash the gun next to the bed at night was when things went south.

I guess shes scared that the kids might get hold of it...im scared i have to ask mr robber to wait a sec while i go to the safe to fetch my pistol.

What can i do to set her mind at ease...what kind of night time storage can i get that would prevent kids to get their little hands on the gun but will still be easily accessable to me in time of need
    My advise, get the process started ASAP. Worry about a safe place to store (there are options available) closer to the time.

Sent from here.

User

You carry the firearm concealed. Even at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    You carry the firearm concealed. Even at home.
    That is what i told her....granted this was all over whatsapp today....ill try and explain in person.

User

Apologise
    Tell her you understand her concerns abd are going to start the comp / licence / training process so long and work out the details later...
    And sorry for fighting with her over text you know d he just has....
    Then you get her and yourself trained up and by the time your competency is granted she will be bugging you for her own edc and you can both carry everyday everywhere
    Abd now you have a new hobby to do together

Banned

PM inbound.

User

Did you ever manage to change your wife's perspective on this issue?

I'm also curious whether his wife came around or not.