User

Default Beretta M9 reliability.

Beretta Defense says their M9 is 10 times more reliable than the rquirements for the new M17 MHS and they set out to prove it.

Courtesy of TFB http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...eretta-claims/

Beretta Defense Technologies (BDT) is pleased to announce that new M9 pistols tested at the Company’s manufacturing facility in Gallatin, Tennessee have continued the world-record reliability pace for the product. Beretta U.S.A. completed the fourteenth consecutive M9 Lot Acceptance Test (LAT) this month with an average of only one malfunction every 19,090 rounds. During this testing period 42 M9 pistols were fired 210,000 rounds, with resultant reliability almost 10 times better than the rate of reliability required by the U.S. Army in its current Modular Handgun System program.
    Beretta U.S.A. has now delivered thousands of new M9 pistols to both U.S. military and Foreign Military customers from the Company’s Gallatin facility. New U.S. and Foreign Military Sales M9 orders were issued to the Company in August, extending production of M9 pistols from that facility into the year 2020.
    “These pistols have successfully undergone 100% complete individual component interchangeability testing with no issues. These same pistols then passed all of the individual pistol tests after the Interchange Test, including Headspace Verification, Firing Pin Indent, Trigger Pull, Function, and Targeting & Accuracy. The pistols also each passed the function and other individual pistol tests 100%”, stated Gabriele de Plano, Vice- President of Military Marketing and Operations for Beretta Defense Technologies.
    “The incredible reliability of the M9 pistol is being continuously confirmed,” Mr. de Plano added. “Half of the LAT Reliability tests resulted in “perfect” reliability scores with zero malfunctions in 15,000 rounds!”
    “The most important characteristic of a military firearm is that it function as intended when needed in a crisis,” stated Franco Gussalli Beretta, Executive Vice-President of Beretta U.S.A. “The M9 has always proven itself to be the most reliable combat pistol in its 30 years of service with the US Armed Services and new M9 pistols being delivered today continue to show that reliability and performance.”

User

Default Re: Beretta M9 reliability.

Mas Ayoob mentions in one of his books that Beretta spent something like 50 Million $ on upgrading quality control and dimensional control of its manufacturing processes just for the M9. And their mean failure rate dropped to something negligible. And the older guns were already reliable in the extreme.

And aside from the initial slide separation issues (which were actually very few and far between and were basically caused by a shitty metallurgical spec and severely over pressure ammo), and the shitty lowest bidder 3rd party vendor mags, I am not aware of any issues with the Beretta...unlike some recent designs...

I am not aware of any other firearm, be it pistol or rifle that gets even close. This under proper scrutinised test conditions. Unbelievable.

User

Beretta M9 remains a proper handgun, nothing fancy, just a proper working reliable handgun. Pitty they are not more available in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    Beretta M9 remains a proper handgun, nothing fancy, just a proper working reliable handgun. Pitty they are not more available in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imo Beretta can be the best rival brand to Glock if it was supported correctly. Beretta has an incredible cv and reputation. I have hope that the support will get better.

User

Would love an M9; Not seen one in me local gunnies though. :(

Why not just take a normal 92 FS or something?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

This has got nothing to do with reliability, but racking the lightly sprung slide on the older gen Beretta 92's ive handled is sooo satisfyingly smooth...

The only thing that beats this, is the smooth running SIG P210 slide.

It would be great to see similar test results for their APX.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Why not just take a normal 92 FS or something?
    92fs is a beaut but the M9 has a few differences over the 92fs.