Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 22-250

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I have seen a lot of animals being shot with a 22-250, ranging from springbok, to kudu and black wildebeest. When you shoot something on the shoulder you make a glorious mess of things.When you shoot something on the lungs no big caliber up to a nitro express makes things fall harder. Its not something you can test in the lab, it's something you need to see for yourself. When that bullet at that speed comes violently apart the terminal performance on the lungs is devastating the say the least.If I had to describe the effect on all animals I would describe it as being electrocuted. Sure some folks here would know what I am talking about.Not saying its the perfect hunting caliber, just saying it works in the hands of someone who can shoot.
    Pretty much so. I have no desire to shoot a strong bonded or mono in my 22-250. Defeats the objective of the caliber and rifle.If your shooting is average i suggest stay away from fast centerfires with fragile booolits. Margin of error becomes significant.

Default Re: 22-250

Thanks for the positive comments gents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2