Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Active shooter in Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    I just watched Steve Wynn, owner of Wynn Resorts, on Fox News....
    So the "official version" is: Dude carries thousands of rounds and a truckload of rifles up to the 32nd floor, holes up in his room for 3 days, installs cameras everywhere but nobody notices etc.

The hotel says "Not possible" because of security cameras, staff trained for the past two years, goods lift not accessible to the public unless accompanied by security, metal detectors everywhere, room service specifically trained to be alerted when "do not disturb" lasts longer than 12 hours, and a lot of other things that actually make sense.

To me this "official version" has even more holes than the 9-11 one.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    So the "official version" is: Dude carries thousands of rounds and a truckload of rifles up to the 32nd floor, holes up in his room for 3 days, installs cameras everywhere but nobody notices etc.The hotel says "Not possible" because of security cameras, staff trained for the past two years, goods lift not accessible to the public unless accompanied by security, metal detectors everywhere, room service specifically trained to be alerted when "do not disturb" lasts longer than 12 hours, and a lot of other things that actually make sense. To me this "official version" has even more holes than the 9-11 one.
    Unfortunate. But as long as information is not forthcoming, speculation will flourish. Sadly, the longer that time becomes, the less people will believe the information that is given. So the truth may not even be accepted. I agree that there are a lot of oddities about this one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post

Furthermore, he said anyone staying in their room for more than 12 hrs with a Do Not Disturb sign, his staff are trained to go into the room to make sure everything is ok.
    Like a housekeeper onn minumum wage with a hotel at full capacity is going to turn down the opportunity to reduce their work load?

I'm sure we all know that just because a policy is down on paper, doesn't mean it's actually adhered to.

Why is the security footage not being released?

Some reasons:

hotel is terrified it will be sued out of existence because of what is on the tapes. This might be the most plausible

There is a second / third shooter and the FBI are still following a hot lead.

They have been deleted to cover a false flag.

User

Lets play devils advocate and say its a false flag operation.

What will people do about it?
    Civilians cannot launch a major investigation into organizations with exponentially more funds and tech than themselves.

My guess is people will do nothing, because they can do nothing, and that is also why these things happen.

User

People obviously don't know what its like in these Vegas hotels; even hotels here for that matter.
    If you want to get 24 rifles up into your room you put them in suitcases with TSA locks on and tip the bellboy to bring them up for you.
    People carrying large amounts of equipment are standard in a town with trade conferences.
    Goods lift? Just go up the normal lifts. Doh!

There are no metal detectors and the cameras cover from the entrance to the entrance of your room. They will have video of him bringing bags in, just like they have of hundreds of other clients doing the same.

He did not need to setup the cameras or take out the rifles till just before the shooting. 12 hours is long to "set up"

Why are people so confused by this? Its a non event for small minds.

User

I see people are starting to talk about the possibility that this shooting was perpetrated in order to kick start some aggressive gun-control laws.
    Given the absence of all the usual talking points; race, religion, politics, mental health, unlawful acquisition etc.
    The only remaining point are the guns themselves, and that's what everyone is focusing on.
    I've been thinking the same thing..

However, if it IS true that he was trying to send a message about how dangerous guns are, then I suppose it would have been about politics.
    And, if that's true, we need to tell the anti-gun activists that their rhetoric is causing maniacs like Paddock to go off the deep end.
    Then we should label any anti-gun talk as hate speech and incitement to violence. (Ok, O'm only half joking)

See article linked:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22026/...g-tyler-dahnke

User

BTW: Is it just me, or is there a conspicuous lack of muzzle flash in the videos showing the hotel during the shooting??

How far is the muzzle flash from a 5.56mm visible?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    Its the ones who don't drink you must be careful of.
    Yeah... If a guy can't trust himself with alcohol, why the hell should he expect anyone else to trust him.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Guy gets deaded (suicide or cops), and manages to slip his foot in UNDER a bipod;
    Not a single CCTV image/video of him yet.

LOL, right.

PS: GunWrack, remember... they're also muzzlebraked rifles. You can see that flash in sunlight... imagine what it would look like in pitch darkness.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast