Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Active shooter in Las Vegas

Death toll now at 50+ and 200+ injured.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    One thing the ex mil commentators on the video agree with... is that the sound is too deep and fast for 223. RPK or PKM..... jesus
    And listening to how long the bursts were at full auto it must be a belt fed or one of those beta mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

A useless mouth breathing oxygen thief who wanted to achieve his 15 minute of fame by taking out his frustrations (politics, being unemployed and without a future, his tiny penis) on innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    One thing the ex mil commentators on the video agree with... is that the sound is too deep and fast for 223. RPK or PKM..... jesus
    Okay. It's certainly not a semi (including a .223 semi) used in the normal way. Could possibly be a semi fitted with one of the various trigger devices available but given the consistency and duration of fire between interludes, it's probably then a non-standard magazine. Listening to it though, I would say its probably a proper full-auto and I would guess about 600 rpm rate of fire there, which is about the norm for a lot of full-auto stuff, including the commblock stuff. By the sound I'd guess probably a .30 calibre cartridge (possibly 7.62 x 39) and not a .223 (which is often sharper). But anything is possible.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    And listening to how long the bursts were at full auto it must be a belt fed or one of those beta mags.
    Yup. Sounds like very long bursts. Certainly by the sound of if significantly more than twenty or thirty rounds.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    A useless mouth breathing oxygen thief who wanted to achieve his 15 minute of fame by taking out his frustrations (politics, being unemployed and without a future, his tiny penis) on innocent people.
    I just don't get it.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    I just don't get it.
    I dont get it either, very confused

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Okay. It's certainly not a semi (including a .223 semi) used in the normal way. Could possibly be a semi fitted with one of the various trigger devices available but given the consistency and duration of fire between interludes, it's probably then a non-standard magazine. Listening to it though, I would say its probably a proper full-auto and I would guess about 600 rpm rate of fire there, which is about the norm for a lot of full-auto stuff, including the commblock stuff. By the sound I'd guess probably a .30 calibre cartridge (possibly 7.62 x 39) and not a .223 (which is often sharper). But anything is possible.
    I'm not the expert but I would go with a full auto AK type, with magazine changes.

30 round magazines.

I don't think it had a belt, and too fast and consistent to be semi-auto.

No doubt, the millions of gun owners who didn't shoot up a concert will be blamed.

User

I'm not sure if I was hearing echos, but there seemed to be overlapping fire with different tones, suggesting multiple shooters if not echos

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    I'm not sure if I was hearing echos, but there seemed to be overlapping fire with different tones, suggesting multiple shooters if not echos
    I heard it too but thought that it's probably just an acoustic effect.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast