Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: New FA competency application

Yeah, I thought this seemed a little weird.
    Can I try the SAPS near my work or does it HAVE to be the one closest to where I stay?

User

Because the FCA says I need one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Charel View Post
    bring 3 people, 3 letters, motivation... LOL, no. here's contact details for 3 people instead, do your job.

User

All part of adding steps to make it more onerous. I do not have 3 people I can drag to the police station with me during office hours.

Is the CFR going to pay their hourly rate or reimburse them for the days leave?

User

My DFO (Honeydew) just wants a list containing 3 persons details - name, ID no, relationship (to you - spouse, family memeber, friend, colleague etc.) and contact (cell) no.

User

My DFO wanted to interview my GF and a parent face to face then asked for a friends phone number. After explaining to him my Dad wont be able to come through during the week he was fine with just my GF being there when i handed in my forms. In the end they didn't even phone my Dad or my friend. No motivation asked for.

Speaking of Competency.
    Has anyone done an competency app at Olifantsfontein lately?
    On the 22nd Sept mine was approved, so I went that day to apply for my license as well as pick up the comp cert. I asked him for my copy and (of course!!!) he said he cannot print form the National firearms register system for some odd reason. the printer works fine he claims, but cannot print from the system.
    I simply do not have time to go to Lyttleton or Wierda during working hours when the DFO is there to have the thing printed (my work is incredibly full of shait when it comes to this type of thing)
    Such a bloody ssssshhhhhhlep!
    Anybody any ideas?

User

So I handed in all my certificates and supporting documentation this morning 17/10/2017 at Honeydew police station. They requested to interview my fiancé face to face luckily she was with me. Very happy with the service this morning. It took me 40mins from entering the door.

Now the question is I only have the receipt of payment, how will they notify me if approved or where in the process the application is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    So I handed in all my certificates and supporting documentation this morning 17/10/2017 at Honeydew police station. They requested to interview my fiancé face to face luckily she was with me. Very happy with the service this morning. It took me 40mins from entering the door.

Now the question is I only have the receipt of payment, how will they notify me if approved or where in the process the application is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You will receive an SMS confirming the status of your application.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast