Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Concealment: P07 and g26

I have been researching the forum and the general net for a while, I havent found a conclusive answer yet.

In terms of handguns, I own a p07 duty. I love it, an I shoot it rather well😉. I carried it daily for years. Sadly, it has started seeing the inside of my safe during the day.

Issue is, I dress formal for work. No jacket as Durban is hot. I used to carry my p07 in a tuckable ghost, but wasn't happy with concealment. I want it near invisible!

So I am on the verge of getting a g26 edc. Will it honestly offer me any concealment advantage over my DUTY? Its a rather wide gun still. I dont see myself getting a g43 even though the single stacks will better suit my need for concealment.

Skaaphaas, I am pretty sure you dress formal, how well does aiwb conceal your edc?

Perhaps I am just looking to justify my next purchase...

Default Re: Concealment: P07 and g26

I’m of the opinion that formal clothes conceal easier than casual.

As to the question, my 19 conceals entirely adequately, to the point where I abandoned my plans of turning it into a G26L.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

Remember that most people do not look for a firearm on another person. You might know what and where to look to id a concealed firearm; to most people it is just a slight bulge if they even realise that.

A whole lot also depends on your body. Some small persons can carry a full size pistol without any worries and some large persons have trouble disguising a small pistol.

The G26 offers better concealment than the P07 because it has both a shorter grip and barrel. Your biggest problem are the clips and not the bulge.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I’m of the opinion that formal clothes conceal easier than casual.

As to the question, my 19 conceals entirely adequately, to the point where I abandoned my plans of turning it into a G26L.
    Thanks for the response. Perhaps I am just making excuses.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Remember that most people do not look for a firearm on another person. You might know what and where to look to id a concealed firearm; to most people it is just a slight bulge if they even realise that.

A whole lot also depends on your body. Some small persons can carry a full size pistol without any worries and some large persons have trouble disguising a small pistol.

The G26 offers better concealment than the P07 because it has both a shorter grip and barrel. Your biggest problem are the clips and not the bulge.
    Thanks Ds. I agree the clips are the issue. I have noticed clips have come a long way over the years.

Clips are a thing for sure. I use an Ulticlip with my formal clothes.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

If clips are the problem get a sticky or remora holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post

Both those holsters have been known to come out with the FA when drawn under pressure.... not something I'd recommend.

User

That is not good advice.

User

I used a sticky and remora. But was always concerned with the holster coming out if i were to draw aggressively (You never know the situation of when you might need to). Switched to a kydex (Daniels Holster) with Ulticlip. Havent had it come out no matter how i try to draw and am much happier with it. It also conceals really well.
    I also use a C Clip on my G19 holster and so far havent had any questions about it (I work with smart pant and shirt, no jacket).
    Never been made with either holster or gun.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast