Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: New systems/application process seems to be stuck

As a GOSA member, I don't worry...at 91 days I pay Clarke Attorneys and the fun starts, no use stressing before then...

Best strategy. Go GOSA!

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    As a GOSA member, I don't worry...at 91 days I pay Clarke Attorneys and the fun starts, no use stressing before then...
    Be proactive. If it is not even in consideration at around 80 days I would already start the ball rolling :)

User

I think phoning them often moves your app faster, I phoned about 20x through my process and seemed to help. I submitted mine to the DFO on the 10/07/17 and collected my card 21/09/17
    53 Working days form submission to collection of the card, I phone every Monday and Friday.

Regards
    Tony G

User

I don't think phoning them makes a real difference. Last app, I think I called maybe 15 times from the time I submitted till the last time they told me the application had been approved. Took around 80 days.

The 2 previous applications, I didn't even call in, and they were both approved on the same day, around 60 working days in.

Luck of the draw.

User

Can anyone confirm what the actual step by step process is once an application arrives at CFR?

From being captured to being sent to finger prints, etc??

My question is why can't each province provincial not approve their own comp certificates and license apps. Why must the stuff go to CFR then they just do the exact same checks.

User

My application is on 84 days today.
    Tried to call the call centre this morning at 05:55 and the "operators were busy" message kept playing in my ears until I put the phone down after a very long time.
    I phoned about a week ago and the application "was in process" where it has been since early August 2017

their process needs to be made more transparent. Calling everyday does nothing. They just remember you and start telling to call back in a months time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chinoza View Post
    So I called again this morning and when I asked why is it in process for soo long the call centre agent said that it has to take 4.5 months = 90 working days.

I also chatted to my DFO yesterday and she explained that for some reason they're not processing applications and a lot of her applications are in the same status. She's also at wits end with central. She said that we'll just have to wait until the first week in Nov and then take it from there.

We need to light a fire under their butts. The applications should not just sit and wait simply because that's the waiting period.
    That is absolute rubbish you are being told! The person who told you that either has no idea of what is going on at CFR even though he/she is working there, or more likely, has simply run out of excuses.

This 90 WORKING day thing is wrong - it is 90 CALENDAR days, and that is the MAXIMUM they are allowed in respect of a license application. I continually see guys get licenses approved in very short order, and others have to wait for months - luck of the draw as others here have said. Ask that person to put that kind of directive in writing for you - I am sure Paul & co will have fun with that!

Regards

Werner

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast