User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Section 14 Rumor

I have heard a rumor now from 2 people that apparently minister Fikile Mbalula has indicated to CFR that Section 14 applications for farmers and people living on farms should be approved and that said people should use what is available to them regarding licensing of semi-auto rifles and/or shotguns. I cannot find anything of the sorts in the press. Has any one else been close to the grapevine recently that spoke of such actions?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Section 14 Rumor

The cynic in me thinks fake news.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

would be awesome if true - I have been advocating exactly this sort of thing to farmers for years.

Regards

Werner

If I was a betting man. I would put my money on no way this is happening.

I see no reason why they cannot apply for section 14s and have it approved no problem in any case.
    Being a farmer in SA is statistically one of the most dangerous jobs in the world these days (so I see no grounds on which a CFR can deny a license like that, apart from being unreasonable, and thus having the thing go to court.) But, it just shows you how "effed" up this country has become. Killing people that are putting food in your mouth! Sad and pathetic

User

Quote Originally Posted by xGerhardSAx View Post
    I see no reason why they cannot apply for section 14s and have it approved no problem in any case.
    Being a farmer in SA is statistically one of the most dangerous jobs in the world these days (so I see no grounds on which a CFR can deny a license like that, apart from being unreasonable, and thus having the thing go to court.) But, it just shows you how "effed" up this country has become. Killing people that are putting food in your mouth! Sad and pathetic
    For the very same reason they disbanded the Kommandos in my opinion

Fear

Last night on kyknet Verslag. They spoke to Dr Khoza who dumped the ANC.
    She said how upset she became. About killings and even Farm killings.
    Where she could see there is no motivation to act on any of these criminal activities.

Although its a brilliant idea. The ruling peanuts at the moment are not bothered at all about this.

User

It just would be nice if they can extend it to five year's for renewals , the current 2 years is a pain in the butt.

User

Just out of interest, has anyone ever attempted to this and have experience about approvals/refusals ito section 14? I wonder how many people really know about this as an option.

Regards

Werner