User

Default Current state of bow hunting in South Africa?

There are a few bow hunters here, who could provide some feedback. How is the current state of bow Hunting? Is there a bigger variety of bow only farms to choose from? Has it grown or shrunk lately? Any PHs with input?

User

Default Re: Current state of bow hunting in South Africa?

Off topic but linked, I had a conversation with one of the guys from Africa's Bowhunter Magazine, he mentioned its currently a very tough industry to be in, prices of bows have skyrocketed, shops are not advertising as much as they using social media, many guys who got into bow hunting as they couldn't get rifle licences back then, have now reverted to rifles. They no longer supplying the magazine to bookshops, only to the archery stores . Interested from a hunting farms perspective what's the current state as well.

User

Would be interesting to see some growth in the offerings.
    It's a difficult market to sell to as a bow hunters do not take a lot of game on a hunting trip. So the sales on game animals would not be near the volumes of a rifle hunter.

User

Good points so far.

I used to hunt with a 30-06 and enjoyed it. Then oneday I went into a bow shop and got hooked. What I have noticed is that bow hunnting is becoming bigger in SA the farms that has bow huntting is getting more.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk