User

Default CZ 75 P-01 sights advice

Hi,

I'd like to replace the front and rear factory sights on my P-01. I have a few options.

Rear
    CZ Custom tactical
    CZ Custom H-Tac

Front
    1mm or 1.5mm fibreoptic (latter same rod width as the Shadow)

This is for EDC with a view to occasional sports. I'm leaning more toward the Custom tactical rear. What would your advice be there, and for the width of the front sight? I realise there are many things to consider here, around accuracy, effect on speed, etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Adios

User

Default Re: CZ 75 P-01 sights advice

I changed mine to a shadow front fibre. Rear is standard with the white dots blacked out. And works for me. Poi didn't change much.

Ive fitted Meprolights on my P01.
    They work great in daytime shooting. And I can shoot pretty fast with them.
    They are better then the factory once.
    And at night time you have three tritium green sights.
    Some will say you dont need these night sights as you will not use during night time shooting.
    I rather have them on then not.

Actually also have a Viridian XTL permanently mounted on my p01.

Also take in consideration.
    Lot of people will suggest your rear sight should not be at angle running forward for EDC.
    And should be square to slide. So that if you need to only use one hand to rack the slide against belt, holster or something else you can.
    When sight is at angle you cant or will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Also take in consideration.
    Lot of people will suggest your rear sight should not be at angle running forward for EDC.
    And should be square to slide. So that if you need to only use one hand to rack the slide against belt, holster or something else you can.
    When sight is at angle you cant or will struggle.
    The H-Tac sight is essentially the Tactical with a ledge added.

After a couple of years running a CZC tritium front with standard rear, the new Hi-Viz range convinced me to go back to fibers. They come with red, green, white and black rods so it allows you to play around and find the combination that suits you. If you want a plain black rear, you just insert the black rods.

Although the sight radius is shorter on these than on the CZ Custom sights, their shape makes them great for carry.

It should be mentioned that these are "fiber dominant" (my term). The fibers really dominate the sight picture, as opposed to the CZC design that is more balanced between steel and fiber. This may not be to everyone's liking.

Hi Viz also recently introduced luminous fibers. These are photo-luminescent, so they need to receive light before they can emit, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I prefer fibers in most light conditions except pitch dark, and with these there as at least the odd chance that they will be charged enough to be useful in the pitch dark as well.