Default Amphibious Kudu.

Two kudu cows crossing a channel in the Gariep River, going from an island to the mainland.

User

Default Re: Amphibious Kudu.

Wow, That’s freakin awesome to capture. I miss that beautiful place.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for sharing T.
    I spent many years in the bush and saw some strange and wonderful things.These events are clearly imprinted in my memory and that was allways good enough for me.

Seeing some of your posts,even the small creatures and something as simple as pictures of plains game that you sometimes post makes me regret not being more active with a camera.

Banned

We very seldom see this happening. Lots of photos of ellies crossing expanses of water. What sort of distance did they swim?

@ Dinat, you should come visit :)

@ pre 64, one of my biggest regrets is that I did not start taking, lots of, photos many years earlier. Even now, I often do not have a camera with me when I have an opportunity to take a really exceptional photo.

@driepootx, they swam 50 - 60m. I have seen waterbuck and eland swim even longer distances, I once watched a waterbuck bull swim more than 300m, to cross the river. I am not sure what motivated him, he was completely unaware of me, nothing was pursuing him, there were no females that I could see and the grazing was similar on both sides of the river.