Default Long overdue Intro

Hello everyone,

Apologies for not doing this sooner - I don't often have the luxury of time (and didn't realise it was required ;)

Started life rough.
    Victim of armed robbery for 1st time when only 7yrs old
    Witnessed first murder when only 9yrs old

Now in my mid-40's and have witnessed/been involved in countless violent encounters (sometimes lethal) - never enjoyed any of them and will always caution against violence if at all possible. Have however come to realise that violence is inherently part of the human condition.

Career choices allowed me to travel extensively but was never practical/possible to start a family and have a traditional suburban lifestyle. In my former career, even though I was never "enlisted" I have had the privilege of working with: SANDF Special Forces, Chinese Secret Service, US Secret Service, FBI, Nigerian Military & Police, various VIP units, various mercs (mostly ex-SAS), amongst others.

I'm now more settled and am CEO of a company in Cape Town where I have lived for the past 2yrs. I still train regularly with a local tactical unit to stay sharp and continue learning. These days I EDC a G19 or G43 and I shoot about 2000rnds per year training but would like to get into IDPA or something like that as it seems like a lot of fun.

I visit here as often as possible (which isn't much unfortunately) and always enjoy the different opinions and insights, even though I sometimes laugh out loud at some of the statements made! I worry about people who think shooting paper targets is the same as engaging humans (who shoot back and move around) but I never judge anyone as we all have our own path to walk and we all have to live with the consequences of our choices.

I am constantly amazed that I am still alive (after some experiences I've had) and value every moment I have been given on this earth. I believe I am still here because I have a purpose to fulfill...now if only I could figure out what that purpose actually is...

I don't believe my life experiences have made me any better/worse than anyone else and I continuously try to learn as much as I can from everyone I encounter. I look forward to learning from this community and thank you for reading my intro!

Default Re: Long overdue Intro

Great stuff there .always wanted to be a part of something bigger than me nd my life .enlisted at SA army and navy no luck. Again great intro there

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Banned

Welcome

User

Welcome!

Welcome nice to get a bit of background.

User

Nice post!!

welcome!

User

Wow. You've had an interesting life so far. Welcome.

User

Welcome Rowena!

User

Welcome