Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Article: Man hands himself in after allegedly opening fire on Lichtenburg protesters

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...g-boy-20171011

Lichtenburg – A 46-year-old man has handed himself over to police after he allegedly opened fire on a group of protesters, killing a 15-year-old boy in Lichtenburg in the North West.Brigadier Sabata Mokgwabone told News24 the man handed himself over at around 22:00 on Tuesday evening.
    The boy was killed along the Boikhutso Road on Tuesday morning, when a man who was travelling in a white car, got out of his vehicle and opened fire on the group of protesters.
    "The suspect's arrest follows an incident in which he allegedly shot and killed a 15-year-old, Joseph Spencer Tshukudu of Blydeville, while two other males aged 17 and 20 were injured," Mokgwabone said.

"The incident was preceded by public violence in which an unconfirmed number of Blydeville community members torched a truck on the R503 (Lichtenburg-Coligny Road) near [the] Agricor building in the early hours of Tuesday."
    The roads in the area were temporarily closed.
    The man is expected to appear in the Lichtenburg Magistrate's Court on Thursday to a face a charge of murder and two counts of attempted murder.
    North West provincial commissioner, Lieutenant General Baile Motswenyane requested that residents remain calm.
    Police were maintaining a presence in the area on Wednesday.

In April, the death of teenager Matlhomola Moshoeu divided the nearby farming town of Coligny.
    Read more about the Coligny incident HERE
    Moshoeu's death sparked riots, with residents taking to the streets and looting and burning buildings.
    The two men, Pieter Doorewaard and Phillip Schutte were arrested and charged with murder.
    Doorewaard and Schutte allegedly caught Moshoeu stealing sunflowers on April 20.
    They claimed they were driving him to the local police station when he allegedly jumped off their bakkie and broke his neck.
    An eyewitness alleges he was pushed off. Some residents claim he was killed because he was black.
    Doorewaard and Schutte are out on bail of R5 000 each.
    Their case was transferred to the North West High Court in Mahikeng and is expected to continue on November 15.

The article wasn't the greatest, does anyone have more info?

Whenever there is talk of riots and marches etc, people mention packing spare mags etc.

If I'm driving and I see a crowd of protesters, best bet would be to turn around and high tail it out of there ( If possible)?
    Last edited by Kev123; 12-10-2017 at 08:07. Reason: Spelling

User

Default Re: Article: Man hands himself in after allegedly opening fire on Lichtenburg protes

What baffles me is why they keep making mention of the dead boy that fell off the bakkie every chance they get?! What does this have to do with the other?

User

Default Re: Article: Man hands himself in after allegedly opening fire on Lichtenburg protes

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post

If I'm driving and I see a crowd of protesters, best bet would be to turn around and high tail it out of there ( If possible)?
    I have a tech in that area, either you completely stop work because there might be trouble, which is every day, or you do what you can.

More often than not you can drive up to a certain place and find a road blocked, but if people then close the road behind you and you cannot drive around them, then what, do you drive through them and kill someone that way? These people doesn't give a damn when they start throwing rocks at you, they will endanger your life willingly and cry foul afterwards.

It's a nightmare scenario any way you cut it, but one must not endanger someone else's life and then cry foul afterwards.

User

On Sabc news: According to a relative of the shot boy, he was only directing the traffic past the rubble in the road. Ja I say no more.

User

So when a victim of a violent riot needs to defend himself, and then goes to the police station to make a statement, he is "handing himself over"?
    Did all the brick-throwing rioters also "hand themselves over"?
    Probably the Newspeak version...

These people are seriously fed up with the way Government is running the show. But they take it out on wrong people. Who then defend themselves and then it get blown out of proportion in news.

Rather then getting rid of the idiots running SA. They will rather like sheep blindly follow them. And keep protesting against it.

Like yesterday. A vote was held over Public protector. ANC members vote for it. and it gets approved. Then 5 minutes later they blame the DA. But they voted for it 5 minutes ago. But they blame someone else.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I have a tech in that area, either you completely stop work because there might be trouble, which is every day, or you do what you can.

More often than not you can drive up to a certain place and find a road blocked, but if people then close the road behind you and you cannot drive around them, then what, do you drive through them and kill someone that way? These people doesn't give a damn when they start throwing rocks at you, they will endanger your life willingly and cry foul afterwards.

It's a nightmare scenario any way you cut it, but one must not endanger someone else's life and then cry foul afterwards.
    Completely agree here! Protesters can do whatever they want to you and nothing ever happens. We have seen people stoned to death, lit with tyres and killed with pangas but when you have to defend yourself and take action then you are a murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Dash cams seem like an EDC item these days
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

... and a body-cam it seems. I am actually serious about this as well. Might mean the difference between walking free or sharing a cell with bubba!

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Dash cams seem like an EDC item these days

The reporters also fuel these things.

Article is man opens fire on people.

Why not man attacked in Lichtenburg. Fights of attackers and defends his life and 6 workers lives.

Reckon if they used the correct wording no one will read the news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast