Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Latest looting scheme from NERSA

What's next?
    Charged for a gas stove cause you no longer using electricity to cook your food cause there is no electricity when you get home?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    What's next?
    Charged for a gas stove cause you no longer using electricity to cook your food cause there is no electricity when you get home?
    Don't go giving them more ideas now....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

User

Just remember this,governments hate independent citizens who are capable of taking care of themselves.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by dAyLiTe View Post
    It's costing them a lot more than zero.
    The people that used to pay electricity, are looking elsewhere (solar, etc) and therefore the drop in actual 'paying customers' is probably a much higher percentage than the drop in the overall customers.
    If you unpack the demographics of those moving to solar you find that it is the 'most capable of paying' for Eksdom that are moving to solar/alternative power... leaving behind the bad payers and the can't-payers. So it's far worse than it looks at first blush.

These people are also the most likely to be able and prepared to reach for a lawyer if NERSA tries to push litigation.

This bunch of jokers really know how to fhk things up.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    If you unpack the demographics of those moving to solar you find that it is the 'most capable of paying' for Eksdom that are moving to solar/alternative power... leaving behind the bad payers and the can't-payers. So it's far worse than it looks at first blush.

These people are also the most likely to be able and prepared to reach for a lawyer if NERSA tries to push litigation.

This bunch of jokers really know how to fhk things up.
    What grinds my nut is that they will spend the time and taxpayers money on stuff like this rather than doing something productive.
    The possible revenue from this is far less than the negative effects it will have in the economy.

The democratic freedom that people think they have is an illusion. Every aspect of your life is regulated and taxed.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Well... the new 'regulation' and fees will be right up there on my accounts payable list... just behind e-tolls.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

What is this country coming to, so many taxes and yet so little service, i am really sick of this. One of these days we will be working for 20% of our salaries

User

Just had a chat with my domestic worker about this. She reckons that there isn't 30 people in Diepsloot that pay for electricity.

Spot the problem...

User

I sent that article to a few mates who are all currently off the grid

This was the reply

With pleasure. Just as soon as they can provide proof of ownership of the Sun and the agreement I signed with nersa for the use thereof. Next, we'll be paying air tax to breathe. Fukkem

Quote Originally Posted by Tunamate View Post
    I sent that article to a few mates who are all currently off the grid

This was the reply

With pleasure. Just as soon as they can provide proof of ownership of the Sun and the agreement I signed with nersa for the use thereof. Next, we'll be paying air tax to breathe. Fukkem

They will just create a tax and put it on the municipal rates. My municipality overcharged us, after suing them it was found that they owed us 23k R which they could not pay back. Their proposal was to give us a credit until the debt was paid off plus interest. Not one month later a new item appeared on the municipal bill: 3000R for undisclosed services. Of course they are getting their collective asses kicked again but this is the reality when you have to deal with kleptocrats.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast