Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Getting tired of these burglaries and intimidation on the farm...

Stay safe

Farmers in SA should start securing their properties like farmers did in Rhodesia during the late 70's.

User

Gustav,
    Do you have Afriforum neighborhood watch in the area? Try to get and keep as much evidence. Report all to SAPS. And try to maintain control over the use of your FA, for that one day you have to use it in a life saving situation. I know this level of intimidation (Zim style) is very difficult to live with.

Is there any way you can get intel from the community? You would be amazed that this may be a few criminals only and the rest just want to live normal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Gustav,
    Do you have Afriforum neighborhood watch in the area? Try to get and keep as much evidence. Report all to SAPS. And try to maintain control over the use of your FA, for that one day you have to use it in a life saving situation. I know this level of intimidation (Zim style) is very difficult to live with.

Is there any way you can get intel from the community? You would be amazed that this may be a few criminals only and the rest just want to live normal lives.
    I am a member of the Afriforum community watch, an Afriforum member and also an Afriforum "buurtwag beskermer" lid. Also on the CPF sector3 committee. We are all infirmed and doing our best. Communication is good, but these buggers are so well informed and have such a good communication system that they duck and dive us on approach or patrol.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

Ok great, I'm more think of having legal support and back-up for SHTF scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Ok great, I'm more think of having legal support and back-up for SHTF scenario.
    Also a GOSA member and also have the top GUNSURE policy as well. I can't afford to take any chances and need to have these things in place. We have a good relationship with SAPS in sector3 and have monthly meetings with the colonal and warrant officer in charge of rural safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav van der Walt View Post
    Also a GOSA member and also have the top GUNSURE policy as well. I can't afford to take any chances and need to have these things in place. We have a good relationship with SAPS in sector3 and have monthly meetings with the colonal and warrant officer in charge of rural safety.

Spent close to R45k on security like cctv, spitlights, IR spotlights, perimiter fencing, armed response etc.

I feel your pain, the wholesale theft on the country side is making living on a plot very, very difficult. Police pitches when something happens eventually but their investigations never result into anything even when they manage to get good finger prints. And if you shoot somebody then you go down for murder because somebody will claim the perp was a choir boy, show pictures when he was 10 years old and state that he was directing traffic not trespassing.

The Gunsure policy is a good point, may have to do that.

Were did you get the IR illuminators from?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I feel your pain, the wholesale theft on the country side is making living on a plot very, very difficult. Police pitches when something happens eventually but their investigations never result into anything even when they manage to get good finger prints. And if you shoot somebody then you go down for murder because somebody will claim the perp was a choir boy, show pictures when he was 10 years old and state that he was directing traffic not trespassing.

The Gunsure policy is a good point, may have to do that.

Were did you get the IR illuminators from?
    From a guy I know.
    Standard cctv IR vs IR spotlight.
    That is about 30m and it illuminates up to about 50m.

User

"So yeah, having fun here on the farm, but we are not scared of them nor will we retreat. We are prepared and ready for them."
    My support, don’t you use outdoor sensors ‘Robguards’?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast