Thread: I have arrived!

Red face I have arrived!

Hi all

I have registered a while back but have never gotten to posting my intro.

I obtained my firearm license more than a year ago and I am the proud owner of a CZ 75 Compact. In the mean time I have bought a LEE 20th anniversary reloading kit, with which I have reloaded more than a thousand rounds by now. I primarily reload for plinking at my local range.

Anywoo I have a question that's been bugging me for a while now...

When I conceal carry and I get pulled over at a roadblock, do I have to inform the officer that I am in possession of a license to carry and then present my licence to the officer? Allot of the time I am on my motorcycle and I have gone through roadblocks while carrying, but I never mention anything and only show the officer my drivers license.

I have done the reading and i know it is best to inform the office in a cool calm manner that I am licensed to carry a firearm and that I have it on my person, and to keep my hands visible at all times. This is all to prevent an unwanted incident/situation where the officer spots or finds the gun on me and then panics and shoots me or whatever. That is not my question however... I would like to know if it is an offence not to inform the officer that you are carrying a concealed firearm?

For example, I stop at a road block and I am in a hurry and I don't feel like having to wait while the officer checks my firearm license etc....I mean I am licensed to conceal carry so I am not breaking the law so why should I inform him?

Thanks in advance guys

User

Default Re: I have arrived!

We arent in South Carolina or Texas

We have no duty to inform here in SA

If however an officer asks you, I wouldnt lie to him/her