Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Media Players

Default Re: Media Players

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post

I am currently looking at the MediaBox MBX3 for around R1399
    Look at the Mecool M8S Pro S912 chipset 2gb/16gb Android 7.1 Nougat - i paid USD 53 approx. R750 including shipping preloaded with "common apps" Kodi17.4 netflix etc etc.

Mine has landed in SA but still waiting for SAPO to contact me, so will see if it is worth the cash paid.

User

Keep us updated!
    What is becoming obvious is that there are plenty options out there, that kinda is part of the problem

My cousin bought a MediaBox MBX3 but is having syncing issues between audio and video on DSTV Now and Netflix
    On the plus side the response time from the guys has been fast since it is locally produced.

My media servers are sadly without Audio and or HDMI so cannot use them directly to stream, so a Media Player seems like the best option

if you streaming, but using Kodi. YOu can actually change the Audio sync. To match while streaming.

I visited the tvme site that Duane mentioned above. Pretty interested now in there offerings.

User

I used a T95 Android box but it was crap. Bought a Mini Mac on GS and never looked back. Run Covenant (used to run Exodus) and Netflix and on a 2mb line it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneWessels View Post
    I was in the market for a media player and had a good look at the Telkom option. Decided against it. Lot's of teething problems, no Netflix. Plus you need to read the fine print on their new LIT contracts. Free streaming only in 360p and capped at 50gig's a month.

Ended up with a Dolamee D5 from Tvme.co.za. Does what I need it to do (Netflix and watching Hot Shots on Youtube), plus it came with one of those keyboard controls. All for less than R1000.00.

Went the cheaper option as I plan to upgrade my main TV to a Smart TV soon.
    Thx for the tvme recommendation. I have a smart tv in the lounge, but the tv's in the rooms aren't smart so grabbing a few of the above boxes sorts that out.

User

Old/second computer . Installed Linux Ubuntu, which is free and requires zero licencing. Installed Kodi app. There is a plug in for kodi to stream series and movies. I bought a mini pc that's smaller than my DSTV decoder. But you can use a windows computer or laptop with kodi. Use what you have , no need to buy some specific media box thing that works sorta maybe

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I wish I knew what half the words on this thread mean :-/ I just know how to plug my laptop into my TV and type "Showmax" into Google
    You clearly do not do your name justice ;-)

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    You clearly do not do your name justice ;-)

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
    I suspect his idea of a pirate movie is “Mutiny on the Bounty or Pirates of the Caribbean ”

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I suspect his idea of a pirate movie is “Mutiny on the Bounty or Pirates of the Caribbean ”

Aarrr!

User

theres A product called Switch , heard great things about it. Just google switch tv

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast