Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Bowie I made from a Lasher machete

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    ? VW Beetles don't (didn't) have leaf springs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I stand to be disagree with you: Certain Beetles if not all, had/has a torsion bar, front suspension system which were build up out of a bundle of flat, spring steel, bars which were called leaf springs. Please google VW Beetle Leaf spring, there are clear pictures of them? That is the leaf springs I was talking about. If PTW is into building this type of knifes it might be something for him to consider?

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    So I have a Bowie knife seminar coming up this weekend with Monty Markow, but alas I had no live Bowie blade. Previously I had used my Cold Steel Laredo Bowie plastic trainer, so I decided to make something a little more sharp and pointy.
    Could you please perhaps give any info on this Bowie Knife seminar ? I have a Laredo (and a well -read copy of Bowies, Big Knives, and the Best of Battle Blades) and would really appreciate the info

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I stand to be disagree with you: Certain Beetles if not all, had/has a torsion bar, front suspension system which were build up out of a bundle of flat, spring steel, bars which were called leaf springs. Please google VW Beetle Leaf spring, there are clear pictures of them? That is the leaf springs I was talking about. If PTW is into building this type of knifes it might be something for him to consider?
    Okay – I know it as a torsion bar, not as a leaf spring. In my lexicon a leaf spring is something completely different. So not a difference of concept so much as a difference of language.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    Could you please perhaps give any info on this Bowie Knife seminar ? I have a Laredo (and a well -read copy of Bowies, Big Knives, and the Best of Battle Blades) and would really appreciate the info
    It's in Durban but unfortunately it's an invite only thing

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Okay – I know it as a torsion bar, not as a leaf spring. In my lexicon a leaf spring is something completely different. So not a difference of concept so much as a difference of language.
    The rear suspension trailing arm was most likely made from spring steel as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2