User

Default Home defense gun

I recently shot two SADPA DMG league matches and I took along all the firepower I have. It's not much, I grant you, but boy, did I learn a thing or two. The G26 is plenty accurate at the short distances it was called upon. That's fine and not unexpected. I also had the G17 in a Micro Roni and it works really well too. 40m is not much of an issue with the RDS. But ...

The shotgun (simple Winchester 1300 pump) is a potent bang stick. By Jove, that thing impressed me beyond expectation. 12 shots in less than 20 seconds. And that's loading six shells in the stage. And you point and hit. I think I had one point down at 40m with one-ounce slugs. After putting down eight reactive targets beforehand.

I shot about 300 shots (practice included) in the past two weeks, and it just runs.

If I have time to fight my way back to it, there is little doubt about my go-to gun.

PS. I also found out that I'm actually doing IDPA for the multi-gun events. Go figure. Took me bloody five years.

User

Default Re: Home defense gun

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    I recently shot two SADPA DMG league matches and I took along all the firepower I have. It's not much, I grant you, but boy, did I learn a thing or two. The G26 is plenty accurate at the short distances it was called upon. That's fine and not unexpected. I also had the G17 in a Micro Roni and it works really well too. 40m is not much of an issue with the RDS. But ...

The shotgun (simple Winchester 1300 pump) is a potent bang stick. By Jove, that thing impressed me beyond expectation. 12 shots in less than 20 seconds. And that's loading six shells in the stage. And you point and hit. I think I had one point down at 40m with one-ounce slugs. After putting down eight reactive targets beforehand.

I shot about 300 shots (practice included) in the past two weeks, and it just runs.

If I have time to fight my way back to it, there is little doubt about my go-to gun.

PS. I also found out that I'm actually doing IDPA for the multi-gun events. Go figure. Took me bloody five years.
    Honestly? IDPA is DMG. the rest of it is just noise.

(Until I can get a PCC!)

G26s are more gun than many people can use. Honestly. Most shooters aren't at the mechanical maximum of their pistols capability.

Get yourself a real MSR and it becomes even more fun.

User

I hear you about the real gun. Money is an issue. Not so much the cost of the gun, but the cost of feeding it. I like to practice, quite a bit. I can do 200 rounds with the Glocks and the shotgun a week without too much trouble, but I'm slightly scared (even when reloading) of feeding 5.56 or (heaven forbid) .308.

User

I hear you about the real gun. Money is an issue. Not so much the cost of the gun, but the cost of feeding it. I like to practice, quite a bit. I can do 200 rounds with the Glocks and the shotgun a week without too much trouble, but I'm slightly scared (even when reloading) of feeding 5.56 or (heaven forbid) .308.
    Yeah I hear you. When I bought my MSR I could buy ammo at less than factory 9mm. Now? Hahahahaha.

Banned

Carbine in 9mmP - best of both worlds?

User

I think so, but it still misses at 90m :).

User

AR15 is much more versatile than a shotgun for home defence.

It’s generally easier to move around with in a CQB environment than a shotgun, more rounds, easier and quicker to reload, can do short range and long range, easier to fit a torch onto, less recoil, easier to shoot quicker.....the list goes on.

I think so, but it still misses at 90m :).
    "It" doesn't miss, more likely "you" miss!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk