Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default DISGRUNTLED WITH TREATMENT RECEIVED FROM CFR

I have been wondering about this for sometime now. I contacted CFR now recently to enquire about my business licence for a .303 Lee Enfield rifle. I spoke to a person at the place where the cards are printed and I was informed that the card was printed on the 21 Sept. 2017. I then phone Alberton SAPS DFO and spoke to a warrant officer who told me to contact the provincial office which I did. To cut a long story short, after been sent from pillar to post by the SAPS at Alberton, I had to apply for a re-print of the licence card.

My question: Is it common practice of the SAPS to conveniently lose documents and for us, common citizens, have to be "punished" because of a lack of responsibility?

I now have to wait a further 2 weeks for this process to unfold.

Default Re: DISGRUNTLED WITH TREATMENT RECEIVED FROM CFR

Answer: yes it is common practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    I have been wondering about this for sometime now. I contacted CFR now recently to enquire about my business licence for a .303 Lee Enfield rifle. I spoke to a person at the place where the cards are printed and I was informed that the card was printed on the 21 Sept. 2017. I then phone Alberton SAPS DFO and spoke to a warrant officer who told me to contact the provincial office which I did. To cut a long story short, after been sent from pillar to post by the SAPS at Alberton, I had to apply for a re-print of the licence card.

My question: Is it common practice of the SAPS to conveniently lose documents and for us, common citizens, have to be "punished" because of a lack of responsibility?

Happened to me, In 2015 I renewed all of my dedicated hunter and private collector licenses, 17 in total, within 3 month had all of the new cards except one. After many phone calls and visits the the SAPS and emails to province's FLASH still waiting.
    Good luck!

User

You're far from the first.

User

Yes

User

To cut a long story short, after been sent from pillar to post by the SAPS at Alberton, I had to apply for a re-print of the licence card.

You should not leave the matter there.
    South Africans do not complain enough about poor service delivery.
    There are SAPS components at Head Office and in each province that investigate poor service delivery complaints
    Phone the SAPS Call Centre on 0800 333 177 and lodge a complaint

I would not argue with them Even when they are wrong. Them, SARS, Customs are high on list of let it be. Swallow it.
    Next time round they remember you.

Hi Darwin.
    I have to agree with shooty.
    The last thing that you need is that 'little red flag' which goes against your name when you dare to question 'the powers that be'.
    Good Luck and just 'hang on in there'.
    Regards.
    Keith.

User

Hanlon's razor springs to mind here

Its again impossible to get through to the CFR call center this morning. Nobody is answering the phone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast