Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: 308 bullet for next season.

Just my 2cw..ignore speed and concentrate on accuracy...speed causes serious meat damage.

Have a look at bullets made by Johan Kriek...http://sapremiumbullets.yolasite.com/kriek-bullets.php

You can order directly from him...as few or as many as you want...the website I reffered to is someone else selling on his behalf...but as I said you order directly form him..

I use them in my 300wm and 6.5 creedmoor..very very accurate..simple..load them 2mm from the lands and away you go..

Johan Kriek contact details...kriekbullets@gmail.com and 082 666 9849.

I will gladly help you with Quick load to get you onto a accurate node.

User

What was many years ago,the best hunting bullet,still is and proberbly will be untill the moon turns blue is the nossler partition.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    What was many years ago,the best hunting bullet,still is and proberbly will be untill the moon turns blue is the nossler partition.
    I am glad you added another "s" to the Nosler name, because them bullets might not be new but have you seen the price lately?

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    I've used Nosler Partitions extensively in the 7x57 (160gr), .30-'06 (180gr) and .300 win mag (180- and 220gr), terminal performance was, always, impressive.

User

Thanks for the spelling check Messor...you beat Skaaphaas to it

Ja,hell,i have just paid 800 bucks for 50 little 6.5 Nosler Accubonds.Getting silly.Hornady A Maxes are starting to look good.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    I have emailed Barnes regarding the TTSX for the 308. They recommend the 168gr for "African game". They also mentioned the 168gr opens up adequately from speeds as low as 1600fps, where as the 150gr requires a bit more speed. Not sure if the cavity is bigger or designed differently for it to open up at lower speeds.
    I guess they would be horrified to hear that I use their 120grain TTSX in 7mm to great effect on African plains game.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    I guess they would be horrified to hear that I use their 120grain TTSX in 7mm to great effect on African plains game.
    If it was known what I did with a 22LR the bards would sing of messor instead of beowulf.

The advice we give however, that should be more universal.

User

Ja,hell,i have just paid 800 bucks for 50 little 6.5 Nosler Accubonds.Getting silly.Hornady A Maxes are starting to look good.[/QUOTE]

We are all going to be shooting Piet Marais Patrone before long.

I shot this 150 Gr TTSX on Wednesday into a mature Whitetail buck. The northern whitetails we get here are larger than the more southern subspecies. This most recent was 65kg 'on the hook', so about 100-110 kgs live weight, think more into Red Hartebeest or Nyala bull class.

Shot at 70m, frontal, recovered the bullet in the pelvic cavity, 10 cm from the anus. I haven't chronoed these from my 18.5" barreled scout rifle but judging from chrono results from other rifles with this load I would say muzzle velocity is about 2650fps.

User

I am exceptionally happy with the 150 gr Norma Kalahari in 308win, I have used it extensively in 2017 total bag was 4 zebra 6 Wilderbeest and 4 gemsbuck. I use a cz550 delux and out to 300 m this rifle shoots very flat and consistent, the 4 zebra were all head shots at 150 to 200 meters. I might just mention that these are off the shelf rounds as in Botswana we aren't allowed to reload.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast