Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: What penalty

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    One would think!
    Did you read the thread from the beginning? After 6 pages, people who I assume are actively operating as SO's and know a lot more about the rules than most, agree to disagree on the actual penalty call...
    Yes I did, and reserved comment till now, as from the onset it sounded like sour grapes after the fact because you received 2 FP's.

User

Default Re: What penalty

Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    One would think!
    Did you read the thread from the beginning? After 6 pages, people who I assume are actively operating as SO's and know a lot more about the rules than most, agree to disagree on the actual penalty call...
    Even though we have been practicing what is based on Roman law since the Romans we still have a very active law industry. With many oposing opinions an just about every matter.
    Rules can be written but there will always be room for disagreement. Add to this some rule changes every few years and things get muddy.
    But while referencing the current rules the consensus was that only one FP should have been awarded so most people agreed.

Agreed Beast.

With the way the rules are it is the intuitive reaction to want to award 2 FPs due to the change in shooting positions, however only when reading this specific rule (which, honestly, refers to a fairly rare set of facts) that we see only 1 FP is correct.

I really wouldn’t put this down to a bigger SO competence issue.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I do think fault lines made the rules a lot simpler. Sure there are a few issues, as seen above, but I've certainly seen an improvement on the range, with regard to subjectivity of interpretation. I am more than willing to admit that I still fuck it up at times as an SO.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    I do think fault lines made the rules a lot simpler. Sure there are a few issues, as seen above, but I've certainly seen an improvement on the range, with regard to subjectivity of interpretation. I am more than willing to admit that I still fuck it up at times as an SO.
    Fault lines were the right way forward. The most common bad calls and or arguments are cover calls.

I do feel the FP are still too subjective.

User

FP's are a fail in my opinion.

They add a whole new level of subjectivity after we managed to lose the old subjective silliness.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    FP's are a fail in my opinion.

They add a whole new level of subjectivity after we managed to lose the old subjective silliness.
    Agreed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7