Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What penalty

User

Default Re: What penalty

This was all shot in one string. 6 shots standing, then on to knee and 6 shots kneeling (from the same shooting position).
    Being my first competition shoot ever, duffed this one and used 2 hands!! (nerves!)
    I did in fact receive 2x FP's.
    That is why I am asking , as I want to learn and know for future matches what is correct.
    I thought the FP would apply to the string, not every shooting position / stance?
    If you shoot a string from 4 shooting positions with 2 hands in error, will I then receive 4 x FP's? (May as well head for home!)
    Thanks for the advice...

User

Quicksilver might be confusing the shooting an entire array while faulting the line example (5.2.2 E). I'd slap the shooter with a single FP (Rule 5.2.2 A is quite clear - and this is only a single string @Prado).

Quote Originally Posted by dux View Post
    Quicksilver might be confusing the shooting an entire array while faulting the line example (5.2.2 E). I'd slap the shooter with a single FP (Rule 5.2.2 A is quite clear - and this is only a single string @Prado).
    Thanks dux. Was just about to stand corrected.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

I think you are indeed stood corrected by Dux’s post.

One FP, no more, no less.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Shooting from the standing position is one shooting position. Going to the kneeling position is another shooting position. thus x2 FP
    6 shots freestyle instead of single handed may easily be more than a 3 second advantage especially including points down.

BUT if this was a club shoot the SO could have informed you while shooting that this was single handed. That to me would have been the nice thing to do. Especially being a new shooter.

Beast where in the rules is that? 5.2.2 even refers to whole stages shot Freestyle, which entails the possibility of multiple shooting positions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Shooting from the standing position is one shooting position. Going to the kneeling position is another shooting position. thus x2 FP6 shots freestyle instead of single handed may easily be more than a 3 second advantage especially including points down.BUT if this was a club shoot the SO could have informed you while shooting that this was single handed. That to me would have been the nice thing to do. Especially being a new shooter.
    Being freshly converted to the correct way, its 1 string regardless. So only 1 FP. Besides 5.2.2 A say per string/stage.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Okay, the confusion sets in...
    One group says 1 x FP and another says 2 x FP...
    Clearly some confusion in interpretation then - hence my question?

Is the FP per string for the one offense, or an FP per shooting position for the same offense????

I don’t blame the SO for giving you two FPs as that was my initial reaction too.

However I looked at the rules and it seems only 1 FP should be awarded, regardless of shooting positions. 1 string / stage = 1 FP.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Beast where in the rules is that? 5.2.2 even refers to whole stages shot Freestyle, which entails the possibility of multiple shooting positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    Being freshly converted to the correct way, its 1 string regardless. So only 1 FP. Besides 5.2.2 A say per string/stage.
    I stand corrected. My reply was a bit late to the party.
    Yes 1 string 1 FP.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast