Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: CHASA Handgun Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Entered and paid
    Awesome!
    I went testing ammo yesterday, apparently my Elite likes shorter rounds, nice having no stoppages for a change

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Maybe stand further back, that will allow you to keep your arms slightly straighter and just twist the top half of your body?

In the open class, the guys to swap the pistols to the left hand but then use the paddles to steady the pistols against the barriers
    The shooter's feet have to stay inside a 2' x 3' area. No way to move further back than that.

I think the choice will be between shooting weak hand (supported) on the left of the barricades, or canting about 45 degrees and finding a new aiming mark for each distance.

The 5 second time limit for 6 shots at 10yds do not leave much room for swapping hands.

User

Okay, some (belated) feedback on the match.

I traveled to Bloemfontein with my son for the match. This long distance motoring is getting to me...

The match was hosted by Vrystaat Jagters on their new range just outside Bloem. No berms on the handgun ranges yet, but they assure me there is nothing back there. Felt a bit funny to shoot out on the Vrystaatse Vlaktes. Everything was well organized and safe. The RO's did their jobs well and in a friendly manner.

On match day (Saturday) everything started off nice and warm. Later the wind started picking up speed. Typical Freestate weather. This year the match did not rain out again. There are decent facilities on the range, including toilets and drinkable water.

The match was contested by 34 entrants from all over the country. With the current setup up to around 50 contestants can be accomodated in one day, so there is limited room for more entries next year.

The four ranges were challenging and great fun. Format followed the standard Bianch Cup match. None of the ranges were easy.

My personal performance. I had several issues. In the week before the match, my fibre optic front sight fell off again. I had no option but to revert to the standard plastic Glock sights. I can shoot these accurately and I can shoot them fast, but not simultaneously. It cost me points, especially on the falling plates. Then I had 4 stoppages. These were caused by my ammo, which is tuned for my other pistols. Note to self: Come prepared next time. The stoppages cost me more points. Then I had some penalties. More points... Always excuses. I still ended slightly above halfway down the log overall and 5th in Production Class. My son beat my by one place. That makes me proud.

Next year I will be better prepared. I suspect the general standard of marksmanship will have lifted as well.

Thanks to everyone who made all this possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2