Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dry fire drills

User

Default Re: Dry fire drills

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    I've been wanting to get into dry fire drills proper, but to be honest, I have no idea what to do really. Also, how do you really know if you did it right?

Will it be worth it to buy the Stoeger books? Maybe I am lazy, but I like being shown by another live person how shit works, rather than reading it in a book...
    This may be of some use to you -

I use it often and substitute owb for iwb concealed instead. The drills start around the 2:40 mark.

Here is the target he uses: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn0vtvun05...aled8.pdf?dl=0

User

Great initiative. Will post details of some of my adapted dry fire drills from Steve Anderson’s book tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

There are a few video channels like this:

I have some I downloaded awhile ago with moving targets from youtube and when I am home it's nice to project on to a wall and do Dry fire or airsoft in the garage.
    There is also a steel challenge video channel with a dry fire section.
    I most liked a comment in another thread on GS where a member mentioned having a dot torture target on fridge and a airsoft / pellet / training pistol and he did a quick dry fire rum every time he stood and waited for the kettle to boil

Banned

Currently using dry fire practise to get rid of a flinch from snubby double-tap days. If I don't shoot often enough the flinch sneaks in again, especially when I try shooting faster.

User

I use an app called Dry Fire Par Timer. I find it very useful and it has features that make it more useful for dry fire training than a timer. I use Stoegers book - bought it on advice from this site - and while certain drills' par times seem way out of reach, the movements we're relatively used to like drawing and mag changes, their par times are much more easily attainable. It boils down more to technique and practice rather than any gift of hand speed or super reflexes.

User

One of the best investments I've made into improving my shooting was buying a shot timer. It works great on the range, but it helps a lot with dry fire as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    One of the best investments I've made into improving my shooting was buying a shot timer. It works great on the range, but it helps a lot with dry fire as well.
    Agree 100% with you, PP.

I used to use the timer apps for dry fire, but getting an actual shot timer (which has 0.1 sec increments) has made all the difference!!

To the OP, there are threads on GS re which apps are best and which shot timers are the best. Check it out.

User

Where can we find a copy of Stoegers book?

User

Never mind... Just purchased the kindle version

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeswardt View Post
    Where can we find a copy of Stoegers book?
    Amazon

Or the Stoeger pro shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast