Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Shootin' the breeze with camouflage762: Episode 19

Cammo finds himself back at school in the principals office.....

This text will be replaced
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Well done Camo! Very diplomatic you are, very good.

Abhm, although frustrating, at least he has made a little headway with them, showing them a few holes and getting them to accept there were in fact holes. Also getting them to agree to attend a shoot and look at training was very positive in my mind. What is needed is follow through. If I can make it, Ill gladly help.

User

I think the ladies were at least open minded to new things, which is more than you can say for a lot of people.

For a lot of people firearms are scary because they are unfimiliar. Accept that an educate.

Thanks for the feed back.
    Very busy will post later.

abhm: Take your rittalin.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

This is the common attitude of educators world wide and is certainly not exclusive to SA. I agree with gizmo that at the least the ladies were somewhat open minded in the interview...what, if anything, is done about the situation remains to be seen.

Thus far, SA has AFIK escaped a serious Active Shooter incident, but there was a very close call in Cape Town the other day that might have turned out very badly except for the quick intervention of a couple of brave men...both unarmed...who tackled the would-be shooter and disarmed him of his pistol.

Many educators, even in the states, still refuse to confront the realities involved in such incidents, as do many parents, and in some situations, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer...for instance, do you lock down the school at the first hint of an Active Shooter? If so, those kids become trapped with few ways out should their door be kicked in and a shooter open fire on them. Or do you get them out of the place? If so, what about confrontations during the evacuation...and where do they go once they are out of the building?

Do you train and arm teachers? If you do, do you let the parents know about it? Many parents will completely freak out if they discover some teachers are armed...yet declaring schools to be 'gun free zones' lets the bad guys know no one is able to oppose in any meaningful way if they are bent on homocide and...almost always...suicide at the end.

Do the Metro cops (the most likely first responders from LE) have a floor plan of the school? Have any of their people actually walked the grounds and been through the buildings, etc? Have they trained for such an eventuality? Are they equipped for one? Do they have any sort of operational plan in case one happens? (to include designated areas for parental response, etc...coz as soon as the first kid makes a cell phone call to mama there will be parents by the hundreds showing up!)

Lots more involved but it is worth the effort and small added expense IMO.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

with all due respect if that is there security paln I will not send my sons to that school!

They have one for fire/bomb scares & for bad guys on the property. They have teachers that are trained in first aid & they are linked to an armed response company .
    Yes when it come to an “active shooter” they are unprepared. So are most other schools are just as unprepared..
    Short of having a property the size of a school located on an army base (and even that doesn’t work) it is going to be very difficult if not impossible to prevent such a situation.
    Armed teachers on the property (carrying concealed) is the only solution that I can think of.
    Thus my invitation to a firearms 101 for the teachers.

The idiocy of the liberal mindset!

Not every one like firearms.
    I do not expect everyone to like what I like.
    By using labels such as “liberal mindset” etc we are doing exactly what GFSA et al do.
    I do not like stereotyping people simply based on their opinions. It is negative & can preclude positive & open debate.

The ladies were honest enough to answer honest questions.
    If there background did not include firearms then how can that be held against them.
    They in a sense a product of the propaganda sprouted by the anti brigade.
    Anyone who admits that they are out of depth on a subject gets my respect & those are usually the easiest to train /teach as they are willing to learn.

They did accept my offer of an ‘introduction to guns/handling/safety and the offer will be extended to other teachers. Is this at least not a beginning?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If listening to this show get’s those who are parents on www.gunsite.co.za to take an active interest in the safety & security at school, then I would consider it worth it.

Abhm I am in the process of organizing a day at the range for the teachers. I will let you know the dates as I am sure your presence & input would be invaluable in at least explaining threat assessments & security precautions, given your background.

Finally securing 1000+ kids ranging in age from 6-12 is a huge task. The Principals & schools have to deal with the politics emanating from the Dept. of Education, a police force that is under trained and overstretched. Etc etc.
    Placing the entire responsibility on 1 person is unfair, especially if that peron has not had the training/background and input from those who should know better.

Personally I have huge repect for Mrs Burger & Mrs Rudolph, in a time where most schools are failing (epically!)B.Primary is producing great kids.

If every school in the country acheived the same, well, imagine what a nation we could be....
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Walking the talk.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    If I can make it, Ill gladly help.
    Thanks.
    Will contact you ....

User

I will help out if I'm available.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast