Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Using my dad's safe for licence applications.

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Go and chat to your DFO and determine his conditions for storing the firearm pending transfer of ownership
    A DFO cannot make up his or her own safekeeping conditions; the subject is strictly laid down in the legislation.

Of course storing pending change of ownership is simple, the owner stores it! However, the OPs problem is that he wants to avoid having to buy a safe, but will have to have one before he can submit his application. A double lock safe with two keys or combinations, or one of each, would enable sharing with his father; both having to be present to access the firearms.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Wouldn't someone someone with a competency certificate have learned about these points during the course of their competency training?
    WZ, you have touching faith in the standard of competency training. Or else a well developed sarcastic streak!

Peter

User

Peter, please enlighten me /us as to which legislation you refer to, if not the FCA, as below.

"LICENCES ISSUED TO PARTICULAR CATEGORIES OF PERSONS —
    DEALERS, MANUFACTURERS AND GUNSMITHS
    PART 1—DEALERS
    Prohibition of unlicensed trading in firearms or ammunition
    31. (1) No person may trade in any firearm or ammunition without a dealer’s licence.
    (2) Subject to subsection (3), a person who is not a dealer may dispose of a firearm or ammunition only through a dealer or as otherwise provided for in this Act.
    (3)A person who wishes to sell or donate a firearm to a willing buyer or donee, as the case may be, may do so without the intervention of a dealer, but on such conditions as the Designated Firearms Officer may determine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Sorry, I still have to do my competency...
    You are on this forum for almost 3 years and you only buy a gun now
    At least you started the process, good luck

User

Haha PCfanatic, yes its been a tough last 4 years, taking over my dad's small business and ending up as a one man show, mother getting sick, dad falling an breaking both hips in 2 months etc. But as time go's on one start to take it as the new normal and cope a lot better.The old fowlk keep me rater busy, thats why me and the GF dont have or plan on having kids, our kids are in their mid 70's. Hahahahaha

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Haha PCfanatic, yes its been a tough last 4 years, taking over my dad's small business and ending up as a one man show, mother getting sick, dad falling an breaking both hips in 2 months etc. But as time go's on one start to take it as the new normal and cope a lot better.The old fowlk keep me rater busy, thats why me and the GF dont have or plan on having kids, our kids are in their mid 70's. Hahahahaha
    Get kids before you get too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Wouldn't someone someone with a competency certificate have learned about these points during the course of their competency training?
    Saw this late, but exactly this.... and even then, read the act AGAIN.... then ask with knowledge, albeit the wording in the Act itself....
    Rant off: makes me de blixim in....
    You want to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!

User

Don't stress guys, doing my competency on Monday, so have some studying to do till then, so I should have a clearer understanding of everything. It's really just because guys like myself that are new to the process are excited to get into this whole thing and have AD's on posting before doing much reading.

Hold Thumbs for Monday...

You get this everywhere on all types of forums, me being more experienced in offroad bikes/Motocross and music instruments I have a much bigger field of knowledge in those.....but give it time, I will get there...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2