View Poll Results: Did you receive one with your ZA purchase?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

5 55.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: CZ Shadow 2 - Did you get an extended safety in the box

Mine came with 3 megcar mags and an extended safety.

User

Mine came with 3 x mags and extended safety.

User

My Shadow 2 did not come with the extended safeties.

I queried this with S&O when I had the firearm transferred to my local dealer and was told the whole batch came without the extended safeties. I then queried this with Formalito in July and was told that it's odd and they will get me a set and send it to my local dealer.
    A few months later and I'm still waiting. Spoke to the guy from Formalito last week and was told that they are still waiting for stock to arrive.

User

Btw I know of 5 other people who bought Shadow 2s this year. Only 2 of them got the extended safeties.
    One guy queried with his Durban dealer and got told the same story from Formalito.

User

I have noticed this as well the new CZ P 07 only comes with a manual safety, What is going on CZ.
    Regards

Tony G

Ive sold the Shadow 1 I had and have a P01.
    I honestly cant think why on either I would need an extended safety.

But if it was suppose to be there. Then reckon you should ask for it.

On other hand. The guys that did not receive. Did they not view the Shadow 2 when buying.

Not sure about firearms. But alot of products the manufacturer will have disclosure. Saying they might change features on models.

Maybe was just a launch special.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    But if it was suppose to be there. Then reckon you should ask for it.

On other hand. The guys that did not receive. Did they not view the Shadow 2 when buying.

Not sure about firearms. But alot of products the manufacturer will have disclosure. Saying they might change features on models.

Maybe was just a launch special.
    Bought online as it’s new and should all be similar... Doubt any shop will let you pick one specific from multiple stock... since the whole licensing aspect took 4 months and the important part was just the form, only got to view the pistol when collecting.

May be a launch promo if they say the whole batch didn’t have, but it would have been nice if that was communicated, but sounds more like a hit and miss (could be older stock in between)

Assumptions are the.... one of the reasons for the thread is to make possible future buyers aware

User

I have mixed feelings about only getting to view the gun when collecting.

I had a case once when I bought an LMT SPM16, 5.56 AR-15 based on viewing a display model in the store. The gun itself was in their warehouse. They select the one you are buying in the computer and assign a specific serial number to you. (And hopefully then take that one out the inventory!)

So they ran the paperwork through the system......serial number and all........ and when I came to pickup the gun after my 10 day wait was up........there was no such gun! Who knows how that gem of a screwup happened. Double sold it maybe? They told me there just was not a gun with that serial number...that the computer had generated a totally wrong number or something. Either way, I was unimpressed.

It worked out great though in the end....because while waiting the first 10 days, they got an LMT CQB MRP 16" in stock, a better rifle. I was able to upgrade to that and have them give me a great price, since they had screwed up initially.....and because I had to wait another 10 days. I got the more expensive rifle for not much more than the Standard Patrol Model.

Hopefully they will make your purchase right and get the missing item for you.

User

10 days, plus another 10 you can grin and bear. 4 months waiting for something like this to happen will likely put you into some kind of asylum.

When I bought my Shadow2, I did get to view the gun and took pics before it went into storage for the long wait. I can confirm mine came with 3 mags, but I can't remember if mine came with the extended safety.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I can confirm mine came with 3 mags, but I can't remember if mine came with the extended safety.
    Huh? What kind of inventory control are you exercising there?

Seriously....because I too have fallen prey to CRS disease at times as well......I have started keeping notes as well as I have bought several compartmentalized parts storage containers....like a fishing tackle dingus.....and I try put all parts in there that I'm not using.........or parts that I have left over after cleaning or stripping a gun where I don't know where they go!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast