Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Need some advice and opinions

ZK1, which city/area are you in? Perhaps if we knew that we could suggest some friendly helpful dealers in your area to handle the 534, sale, etc. for you.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    ZK1, which city/area are you in? Perhaps if we knew that we could suggest some friendly helpful dealers in your area to handle the 534, sale, etc. for you.
    Apparently its sold, to a friend of my dad. Would R16k be acceptable?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    We are in Kempton Park

User

Is this in reference to the SAKO? While I don't know them that well, when considering the good price and capability of new budget factory rifles, and the price and quality of a new SAKO, I'd say that both your dad and his friend got a good deal. Second hand hunting rifles are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay, because invariably one will be able to buy a new rifle of comparable capability for less money.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Is this in reference to the SAKO? While I don't know them that well, when considering the good price and capability of new budget factory rifles, and the price and quality of a new SAKO, I'd say that both your dad and his friend got a good deal. Second hand hunting rifles are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay, because invariably one will be able to buy a new rifle of comparable capability for less money.
    Ok great, I went in with R16500.00. Sorry its my dad's friend's son in law's best man that wants it.....did you get all of that. Haha.Apparently he is veru keen. Would make things a lot easier when its someone you know. Lets see if he takes it, apparently he was looking to pay between R15k-R17k.

User

Do it, get it sold, buy yourself a Glock 19 or 26 and use the rest of the money for all the other, not-insignificant costs.

User

Thanks Pirate, that's what I'm going to do, and yes it was in ref to the Sako, gave them the price, just waiting to get the feedback.

Cheers

User

Hi guys, ok seems like I will be getting the cash for the Sako tonight.

So now, first thing I will do tomorrow is go to Nu-Law in Kempton Park and pay for my competency.

Then, do I buy the Glock 19 Gen 5 NOW if I see a good price or wait for later?

I was thinking of buying the Glock now(because there are some specials going around) then start preparing for the motivations, might do it myself with some help, that leaves a bit more cash for holsters etc etc. I will take the old man's gun safe as he has another one, so I'm covered there. Then save up adding money to the kitty for when the licenses get approved to get as much accessories as possible.

If I go the route of letting someone do the motivations for me it will cost another R3150.00, is it worth it?

User

R3150 is, well excessive in my opinion. I must be in the wrong business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Hi guys, ok seems like I will be getting the cash for the Sako tonight.

So now, first thing I will do tomorrow is go to Nu-Law in Kempton Park and pay for my competency.

Then, do I buy the Glock 19 Gen 5 NOW if I see a good price or wait for later?

I was thinking of buying the Glock now(because there are some specials going around) then start preparing for the motivations, might do it myself with some help, that leaves a bit more cash for holsters etc etc. I will take the old man's gun safe as he has another one, so I'm covered there. Then save up adding money to the kitty for when the licenses get approved to get as much accessories as possible.

If I go the route of letting someone do the motivations for me it will cost another R3150.00, is it worth it?
    I think you mean R315

If not, someone needs a PK

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast