Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Too soon to phone CFR?

I probably know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway....

Is it too soon to phone and follow up on my competency? I only submitted it last week with the DFO.

He said three months, but I'm hoping that is not really the case, or at worst the time for the whole process to complete.

A follow on question, is it too soon to be in contact with the guys from Legally armed about my motivation if I'm still waiting on the compentency cert?

Default Re: Too soon to phone CFR?

I think they have 4 months for the whole process for your competency.
    I did my motivation while waiting for my competency approval.
    The day I got the sms that it was approved I collected the printout and the next day I handed in my licence application.
    So it can save some time.

My first one took 6months and then my next one took 3months. I also completed all my documents so when it was approved I could hand in my license application the next day. There is no harm in calling the call center to see where your app is lying. (012 353 6111)

User

Too soon to make this thread.

Never mind calling CFR.

The good news is 90 days goes quick and CFR don't stop working over the festive season!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eniigma View Post
    I only submitted it last week with the DFO.
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

User

Lol. You'd be lucky if it has even left the DFO's office by now.

And 3 months from now would probably be the minimum, because even though the CFR is working December they work sloooooowly.
    When I phoned last Dec, I was told they run a "skeleton crew" with not many people during the holidays, and that it will take a while.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Lol.When I phoned last Dec, I was told they run a "skeleton crew" with not many people during the holidays, and that it will take a while.
    Just about the only thing the CFR gets consistently right is their ability to do the unexpected. One of my previous apps was handed in towards the end of the year and I fully expected it to crawl through the system. You know, the whole December thing. To my utter surprise I received an "application approved" sms on the 24th.

User

Flippen hell...guess I am exactly the opposite with my current application. Handed it in 2 October 2017, and simply waiting for 2 January 2018 to throw money at Clarke Attorneys to deal with it if I don't have my card in hand by then...not phoning, not wondering, not bothered...

Your way to soon. It also depends which province you are.

I handed in a new application about 20 Sept in Northern Suburbs CPT.
    My app was not on the CFR truck that left first week Oct.
    So its only leaving for CFR now on 4 Nov 17,
    Which means I have so far my app has taken 6 weeks. Without even yet going to CFR.

It should hopefully be with CFR next week. And then ill have to wait 2 months before even phoning them to check progress.

User

Is he a new gun owner? Then he is probably very exited and can not wait, like the day before Christmas. Were we not all there and now we got used to the waiting game?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast