Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Anyone willing to grade a sec16 motivation for a Glock 19?

Afternoon members.

I just finished my motivation for my Sec 16 Glock 19 application. My previous motivations was done by other parties, and I decided that I should try and write my own. I used examples on the web to structure it properly. I did however not include a lot of details about the particular firearm (history of the firearm, history of the caliber, etc), to try and keep the motivation short and on point.

If anyone with a lot of experience with what SAPS want in this regard is willing to give it a read through I will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you guys again for all the info, tips and opinion changing posts on this forum. This place is worth gold to a newbie like me.

Regards Grawer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Anyone willing to grade a sec16 motivation for a Glock 19?

As long as you have a valid dedicated certificate and a letter of good standing from organization who issued the certificate which is not older then 3 months. Then you dont need to much you have to motivate. Except where you want to use it/ for which sport purposes.

User

Thank you shooty.

User

2 pages is a little bit light. If I were a betting man, I'd say the guy reading your motivation might decline it by saying you already have a revolver for NHSA events and you haven't motivated the need.
    Flesh it out a bit more so that the guy reading it is a bit more informed.

- Don't just say rapid fire events or precision shooting events, list the events.
    Instead of 1 bullet point for precision, list the 3 events under precision (7m Box gun and 8m Carry gun if the G19 fits in the 180x140 box ? Else 10m Centre fire) and the 2 events under Rapid Fire

- Like saying the ammo is cheaper than the revolver which makes that calibre more suitable for sport shooting as you will be able to shoot more

- List some Wikipedia numbers for muzzle energy of 9mmP vs the 357 magnum saying something like the lower energy means it is easier to control and thus more suitable to the rapid fire exercises

- How the trigger pull is lighter and is more suitable for the rapid fire exercises compared to the double action trigger on the revolver

- Mention the pistol only event where the revolver is not suitable like the Rapid Fire Centre Fire Pistol exercise

- Mention the calibre and barrel length being suitable for the mentioned events as it meets the minimum calibre requirement and is under the maximum barrel lengh restriction

Stuff like that.

User

Thank you Nyt Ryda. I will expand as advised.

I am currently limited in competing only in revolver events. I currently do not have a semi auto handgun. Or anything similar. The shooting organization I belong to has shooting events for this type of handgun I am applying for. And once I receive it. I will be able to compete in the shooting activities they offer for this type of firearm.

Details of firearm.
    Print this and put in app.
    You can also use some of the key features mentioned on this page in your motivation as why you need it over revolver.

http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Gloc...9-mm/Variant-1

User

Thank you shooty. I also included the paragraph as stated. I appreciate your and nyt ryda's help.

User

All my Sec 16 licences (7 and counting) were approved first time with a 1 page typed motivation (plus supporting documents). They want to know why that specific firearm and calibre and why any similar firearm(s) you own can't meet that need. I keep it short and to the point making sure to include competition specific information.

User

Applied for 2 section 16s this year. Used the template from NSA as a guide. Basically 2 typed pages with similar info as yours. Both approved. As mentioned above, just have all the necessary supporting docs (dedicated certificates, endorsement s, etc), and don't forget to sign each page.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L12 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    As long as you have a valid dedicated certificate and a letter of good standing from organization who issued the certificate which is not older then 3 months. Then you dont need to much you have to motivate. Except where you want to use it/ for which sport purposes.

I submitted my application in July, my status expired in end of September and got renewed immediatly as I accumulated the prescribed points. Application went into consideration 15 Sept, and is still at the same stage. I really hope this does not have an effect on the outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast