Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: An American's hunting rifle.... what would work for South Africa or Namibia?

Yes. I allow it.That is what safety's are for.

Clear chamber in hunting truck and buildings.

Your safety awareness will be noted very fast.If you are one of those chaps with bad gun manners then i would re-consider.

User

Default Re: An American's hunting rifle.... what would work for South Africa or Namibia?

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post

PHs won't let you carry with one in the pipe on safe?
    If you have hunted with me a few times and I have seen how you act under stress, yes I will allow it. For someone I guide the first time, no.

Most ph's I know will not allow it until you are getting ready to shoot. This does cause missed opportunities, however, it does keep ph's from getting shot by over eager clients.

This past season we had four ad's that I remember, in two of the cases the rifles were already pointed in the direction of the prey. In one case the client was emptying his rifle's magazine by cycling rounds through the chamber and somehow pulled the trigger with a round in the chamber, the rifle was pointed in a safe direction. In the last case the client was asked to check if his rifle was safe and did so by pulling the trigger, the rifle wasn't safe but it was pointed in a safe direction.

User

TStone, you guys see some scary shit!

Cool Re: An American's hunting rifle.... what would work for South Africa or Namibia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    JBT, the "Ds" in my handle is equivalent to "Rev" in English. HELL isn't really my thing
    Meh.... Catholic here... I say a couple of Hail Maries, hit the booth, and reset the clock to P-A-R-T-Y ! ! !

FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

Not Africa related.... but I took the AR out this past Saturday for Hogs. Forgot to take a picture of the rifle while in the blind.... didn't get any hogs sadly.

Malcolm photo bombing the picture.

Pecan Farm I hunted...

Just as the sun was coming up.

Midway through the hunt.

Hog tracks
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Luis looks like you have a great hunting partner.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Luis looks like you have a great hunting partner.
    Lab looks a bit sad, no hogs today dad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4