Default Re: Troy A3

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post

My A4 with Bushnell AR1-4 and SAI suppressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Preacher View Post
    R500 is chump change when it comes to an AR. You’re going to spend a whole lot more than that on ammo (well at least I hope you are) making that small difference in cost a moot point.

I do suspect however, that you may be on a tighter budget than even the cost of these carbines and you should seriously consider looking at Carbine’s in the lower cost scale and beef up your ammo to become more proficient with the Carbine. I see too many cool guys with all the gear and brand name Guns who run them really poorly and when you chat with them the common denominator is the prohibitive cost of ammo, thus not training enough in Carbine use.
    I know good ammo is going to cost a lot, range ammo however is not too expensive.

I am considering all my options and like I said I missed a great price on the sport 2 so the cheapest AR I can find close to that is already R2500 more and I found another sport 2 which is R4000 more than the one I missed which is crazy.

It seems like there is really limited stock out there and prices vary greatly.

In your opinion, how many rounds should one spend per range visit?

User

What's your budget like?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRookie View Post
    I know good ammo is going to cost a lot, range ammo however is not too expensive.

I am considering all my options and like I said I missed a great price on the sport 2 so the cheapest AR I can find close to that is already R2500 more and I found another sport 2 which is R4000 more than the one I missed which is crazy.

It seems like there is really limited stock out there and prices vary greatly.

In your opinion, how many rounds should one spend per range visit?
    I don’t think there's a minimum number of rounds to blow out but rather a number of skills to learn, some learn these quickly while others still struggle after 100's of rounds - I guess the answer is 'how long is a piece of string'!

Just thought to add that 100 rounds is better than 20 per session but 1000 is not necessarily better than 200 - I think that after around 300 rounds we begin to lose the plot and just blow away the ammo.
    Remember that this is a semi-auto and it’s pew-pew-pew not pew-load-pew-load-pew so you’ll go through a lot more ammo than you may do with your hunting rifle.

User

1000 is not necessarily better than 200 - I think that after around 300 rounds we begin to lose the plot and just blow away the ammo.

I think that’s very much shooter and drill specific

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    What's your budget like?
    R16000

User

Just thought to add that 100 rounds is better than 20 per session but 1000 is not necessarily better than 200 - I think that after around 300 rounds we begin to lose the plot and just blow away the ammo.
    Remember that this is a semi-auto and it’s pew-pew-pew not pew-load-pew-load-pew so you’ll go through a lot more ammo than you may do with your hunting rifle.
    I pick up what youre putting down.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRookie View Post
    R16000
    2k extra gets you a M&P Sport 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    2k extra gets you a M&P Sport 2
    You are right, however I want to put a free floating handguard on my AR and seeing as the Troy comes with one already I have decided to purchase it. It actually saves me a little bit of money in the long run this way.

Thanks for the input

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast