Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default MOVIE: WIND RIVER

A Taylor Sheridan movie (Sicario and Hell or High Water)

A very nice reloading scene ( No Blue only Red , =) )

Courteous Esquire:

"Sheridan's latest is Wind River, which he also directed. The third installment of his "thematic trilogy" exploring unsettled history on the American frontier, it concerns a rape on an Indian reservation. "I spoke to a screenwriting class recently," Sheridan says, "and afterward the professor said, 'I just want to thank you for contradicting everything I've been teaching them all year.' "

"Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River are thematically linked.

They are absolutely a thematic trilogy. If someone were to watch Sicario, watch Hell or High Water and then watch Wind River—which makes for about a six-hour downer day—they're going to see things that were introduced in Sicario and answered in Wind River, and themes that were brought up in Hell or High Water that are resolved in Wind River, even though the stories are in no way connected.

What I wanted to do was explore the modern American frontier. I wanted to explore the consequences of the settlement and assimilation of that land 130 years later. How much has really changed? And how much hasn't? And it's not unique to America. You can make the same study in South America. You can make the same study in Europe. It was all settled, and it was all taken from someone, or someone was assimilated or pushed out. It happened so recently here that the waters are still muddy.

I wanted to explore fatherhood, and the failure of it. I'm terrified and fascinated by the thought of How does someone move on from a tragedy without ever getting closure? I don't know what closure means. At some point in the '80s, everyone decided they needed fucking closure to move on, which sounds wickedly selfish. How can I divorce myself from the emotion of this relationship so I can be happy again? Well maybe you can't. Maybe you're not supposed to. Maybe you're supposed to be sad about it—forever. So, those are things in all three of these films."
    Last edited by KK20; 11-11-2017 at 23:51.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Default Re: MOVIE: WIND RIVER

I really enjoyed this! Don't watch a lot of movies anymore, but this kept me interested enough to not want to pause and go do something else.

User

Also enjoyed it, good movie

User

some good shootout scenes for sure

good movie,

User

Just finished watching it. My gosh the one scene made my blood boil! I was filled with so much rage....

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Just finished watching it. My gosh the one scene made my blood boil! I was filled with so much rage....
    Was it the trailer scene?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Good movie. I havn't watched Hell and High Water and will have to watch it tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

I will watch this over the weekend. Been keen to watch it.

User

If Wind River is classed right next to Sicario and Hell and High Water is has to be worth it.

User

T Bone Cafe scene in H and HW.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast