Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: MOVIE: WIND RIVER

I think its SSP's words :
    Don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.
    They paid for this with their lives.
    I do not understand how the sheepdog thing fits here though.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Of the 3 movies in this "trilogy" Sicario is still my favorite. Wind River is next and Hell and High water, although excellent is my least favorite of the lot.

Wind River is an excellent movie on all fronts. That trailer scene is disturbing and the pepper spray scene also stands out for me. The way the story unfolds is excellent. From suspecting one person to going in a whole other direction.

These movies can be watched a few times and you will pick up new things each time.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

User

Great flick! I loved the .45-70 or whatever that was....hard hitting bitch......okes would end up 6 feet away from where they were when they were hit! Love that shit...Hollywood or not.

User

All really great movies, loved Sicario.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    I loved the .45-70 or whatever that was....hard hitting bitch......
    Looked like he was reloading his .45-70 with 500 grain bullets. There's no substitute for kinetic energy: if speeding weight is power, overweight must be a superpower

User

Missed this thread and only watched Wind River last night....what an awesome movie and the scenery was breathtaking. Definitely recommend watching this if you haven't.

Beautiful movie, liked it a lot even though I thought the shootouts were forced. The perps had two days to clean up and even find a patsy. No need to go into a shooing match with the police. Had they smiled and asked for a warrant they would've walked. Same problem with the crack house shootout, no real reason. Also why did they arrest the brother, he hadn't done anything except hiding in a shed. Maybe stupid people do dumb things.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Maybe stupid people do dumb things.
    ^^ This!

Finally saw Sicario 2 yesterday, the movie is a solid 8 if the original was a full on 10. Despite having a different team behind the cameras the movie is gripping and enjoyable in a nihilistic way. The two leads are back but Blunt's character is missing which is a bit of a problem because she provided the moral compass and at the same time acted as the view for the spectators. The sequel does away with any compass or shades of grey for that matter. The leads are either mercs or rogue operatives and have zero qualms executing innocents. And their job is not to catch bad guys but instead get the bad guys to kill each other not matter the consequences just to fulfill some political goals.

The action scenes are very good, both the kidnapping set piece as well as the attack on the convoy, although in the latter I didn't get it why the drone fired at them. Some nice tidbits like the cartel representative that pays the young coyote who happens to be a working middle class mom that brings her toddler to the payment. Or the heartbreaking scene of sign language in the middle of the desert.

But not one likable character in sight. They are either selfish (the cartel princess or the coyote) or they are downright evil (Alejandro, Matt) or so detached from what actually happens on the ground that they can order the murder of innocents without batting an eye (basically all the politicians).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3