Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Finally started the process...

Hi all.

Quite new to the site. This post would be literally the 3rd time here.

I have always had a fascination with firearms but never enough to invest time and effort in keeping up to date with it all. I think mostly because I always saw that it will be too difficult and didn’t want to bother with something that would likely be unattainable.

Lately, I have noticed, and in been in the company, of many people who have firearms of all sorts. This eventually pushed/motivated me to get interested in doing it myself as well, ‘cause if they can get it then surely I could too.

I have registered for the legal and firearms competency tests. Earliest date I could attend is mid December.

I am interested in carrying for self defense mostly but keen on progressing to other genres in time too and maybe for some sport. I am doing tests for handgun and shotgun initially.

From what I have read on this forum thus far, I have a real and long uphill stretch ahead of me after the competency. I am looking forward to all the advice, threads and learning more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Finally started the process...

Welcome, enjoy
    maybe consider just doing the competency for all, including SLR and Rifle, then you'll have them all, it will just make your purchasing process further down the line a lot easier,

User

Agreed. Some of the best advice I received was for doing all 4 competencies and getting it over and done with.

Banned

Welcome

User

Welcome!

User

Solid advise re the competencies,and also,if you afford to do so, dont bother with a pistol safe,go straight to a 4/5 rifle safe.

I have been told by the guys around me that I should consider all 4 as well. I have been contemplating my decision of only doing 2. I will decide in the next week or two if I must maybe add the others.

User

1 x set of pics,photos and all the other crap,and no time wasted waiting for further competency apps in the future.

Training provider should give better deal on complete package,in theory anyway.

User

Welcome!

Long wait but finally did the competency tests today. Only handgun, shotgun and legal.

First two I know I passed and last I am pretty confident I did as well. Looking forward to handing documents in at the police station to get that certificate approval process started.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast