Thread: Klean Kanteen

User

Default Klean Kanteen

Does anyone have a source for Klean Kanteen or similar products in SA? I can only find the painted ones but need a couple of the wide mouth plain stainless, single-walled versions (not the thermos).

Must be plain as they may serve as auxiliary water boiling containers and must have wide mouths to facilitate cleaning and accommodate filling from a water filter.

User

Default Re: Klean Kanteen

I got similar ones at Dischem, came in packs of 2, 750ml stainless bottles.

User

There are two other makes that would do the job.Nalgene and Eco-tanka. Try your camping and mountaineering outlets.

User

Thanks will give all of those a try. Couldn't find the Nalgenes at Outdor or Campers Paradise but i'll try one or two others, never heard of Eco-Tanka will look at those and I'll check out the ones at Dischem too.

User

I speak under correction as my info is a year old but last I checked, Kleen Kanteen is no longer being imported due to certain large outdoor chain stores importing chinese knock offs and decimating the market. I was lucky enough to get 4 of the originals of the last batch that came in but I was told by the agent that they will no longer be bringing them in. I shall find out whether that has changed and revert back later today. Alternatively, try at your local Due South, Outdoor Warehouse or Cape Union for something similar.

User

Thanks SAS I got the same info as you from Hikers Paradise in Centurion. They were the only ones who appeared to stock them from their website info., When I got there they only had pink painted ones remaining, no plain stainless bottles left, and told me that they weren't being imported any longer. Its a real pity that those of us that appreciate good quality have to endure cheap not up to spec kit.

Haven't really seen what I want at the usual outdoor camping shops. Maybe Drifters when I'm in Sandton next week.

In the interim I www'd the ECOtanka as per Keith's suggestion and they look about right for what I want so I'll give them a call. Right now I'm on my way to collect my new Glock 43 and pay Daniel's Holsters a visit.

User

Found the contact details for the local Eco-tanka agent. Riaan 072 133 3328. Great quality. Made in New Zealand.

User

Thanks Rick, yes I called him yesterday morning and will be going through to collect a couple.

User

Glad I could help.