User

Default Jack of all trades.

Hi
    My 9th birthday present was a BSA air-rifle,

My 11th was a .22LR

Lived in Rhodesia on a 100acre plot. Did the usual kids hunting, birds etc. Still shoot both rifles every now and then, good memories. Just fitted a suppressor on the .22LR. I wish I had the suppressor as a kid.

In Rhodesia I rode my bicycle to a farm with a forest full of Guinea fowl. I fired one shot. I am convinced that flipping one and only shot is still today loudly echoing in that forest, it was so dam loud. Never done 10kms so fast on a bicycle through the bush to get home, convinced the shot had called every farmer, policeman and terrorist and everybody was chasing me.

In Joberg I shot up many stolen stripped cars, at the foot of Lonehill. Those days you could shoot in any direction no houses – no people, nothing! If you live in lonehill and find .22 brass in your garden, they are probably mine. Had a motorbike for quicker getaway, suppressor would have helped.

1983 bought myself a Christmas present a CZ75 pre b. Still my carry gun. Bought Saturday 24th Dec from game. Licence sticker stamped into my id book on Sunday 2nd January, that’s 4 working days after the purchase. (25, 26 1st and 2nd public holidays, 2nd was a PH in Natal).

2015 bought a shadow 1. The licence approval took 6 months, first it was refused, as a 9mm para is machine gun. Took 18 months after approval to get the plastic card. So, almost 2 years of fighting and asking and begging and sending in reprint forms.

2017 bought a shadow 2, as I could not use my S1, no card. S2 licence and card took 2 months and arrived 10 months before the shadow 1 licence card, that was bought nearly 2 years before??

Do regular club shoots? Reload, done a few leagues.

I have dedicated status.

Live in kzn south coast, next to the sugar cane fields. Have a water trough outside my gate for the wildlife. So I can sit in the lounge and watch the Bushbuck, pigs, jackal etc.

Own an 800ha farm near Morgan Bay, Eastern Cape. Waterbuck, kudu, bushbuck, etc. plenty of pigs, jackals and ringbarking tree destroying porcupines. Over breeding as there are no predators there.

Recently owned a buffalo and rhino for a few weeks. They had escaped from the farm next door. Unfortunately, rhino was darted and taken back. And the Buffalo moved to the next farm and was shot.

Just bought a Musgrave 30-06 light, Oh, do I miss the 4 day licence approvals!

So, need advice on 30-06 reloads.

User

Default Re: Jack of all trades.

Welcome

Banned

Welcome

User

Welcome K-9 too.

Morgans bay,beautifull country.....mmmm
    Overbreeding.....mmmmm
    Plenty of pigs....mmmm

Sorry,did i say that out loud? Was in my happy place.

Welcome!.....you speak of the guns you own, but your "alias" suggests dog/s?

User

Welcome!

User

Welcome K9. your background story sounds just like mine except mine is in Texas on a cattle ranch.

User

Welcome!

User

Woah,I did not know one could buy guns at Game back in the day ha ha.

Welcome to the forum!

User

Welcome!