Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Reloading Shot Shells for 9mm

Hi guys,

So lately I've been checking around for some snake shot to use on the farm. I see prices are crazy expensive for the CCI ones. I want to attempt to reload my own but wanted to find out if anybody reloaded their own ones?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Reloading Shot Shells for 9mm

This is probably not the right place to ask about shooting snakes. Don't step on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    This is probably not the right place to ask about shooting snakes. Don't step on them.
    I highly doubt that I will ever use them on any snakes/animals just interested in the reloading of them at this stage as I see on YouTube some people have done it.

User

Hey Greekboi95. Where did you find cci 9mm snake shot? I have been trying to get my hands on some for about a year now. They like hens teeth.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Where are they available? AFAIK there are NO handgun caliber shot shells available anywhere in the RSA. I also need .22 LR shot and .44 Magnum. Can't find.com??

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy zn View Post
    Hey Greekboi95. Where did you find cci 9mm snake shot? I have been trying to get my hands on some for about a year now. They like hens teeth.
    Hey speedy, I haven't found anywhere just saw prices from long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Where are they available? AFAIK there are NO handgun caliber shot shells available anywhere in the RSA. I also need .22 LR shot and .44 Magnum. Can't find.com??
    This is exactly why I want to attempt to reload my own ones.

User

I was given some CCI 9mm shot shells years ago. I still have two left, the rest I shot out (not at snakes), they cycled, sluggishly, in a Star BM and a Glock 43 and on target performance was pretty pathetic. In my humble opinion you will be wasting your time loading shotshells for a 9mm.

I have used CCI shotshells in 9mm, .38spl and .45 acp, only the latter was reasonably effective.

User

I loaded some years ago using MS200, an over powder felt wad, no 9 shot, over shot card wad and a drop of wax to prevent it coming apart.
    Tried it on rats. Most ran away. I don't know if they died elsewhere. Decided an air rifle was more effective!
    If you decide to try it, pattern your loads on some newspaper sheets to evaluate pattern density, before shooting anything that is alive.
    P.S For snakes you will probably be within striking distance before it is effective.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zipp View Post
    P.S For snakes you will probably be within striking distance before it is effective.
    In other words, you're going to be outgunned by a Mozambican spitting cobra :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast