Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: new law/rule

User

Default new law/rule

good morning gents/ladies

i have been to the police station on Monday to hand in my application for my cz p09. the dfo told me, that she needs to check the firearm on the systemvas to who it belongs. up on her checking, she said that it still belongs to the goverment department and that the firearm needs to be on the dealers name before i hand in my application. i had all my 350 a and b forms but i was told that those forms no longer work. contacted my dealer and he is in the process of having the firearm transfered onto their name. not sure how long that will take. isanyone aware of this so called new rule or how long will it take.

whats your guys thoughts on the p09

have a great day.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: new law/rule

Your DFO is (strangely) correct.

A Directive issued a few weeks ago reveals that the Enhanced Firearms Management System is not able to capture apps where the name of the "current owner" does not match what the CFR has failed to input on the system.

Ask your dealer (nicely... it's NOT their fault) to resend the 350s to armscontrol1@saps.gov.za

And good luck.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

My friend had same happen to him at Parow SAPS in CPT region.
    DFO refused to take it. Although they know the reason its currently not reflecting on dealer stock.
    Is because CFR or who ever by them who handles transfers. Has not promptly done there work.

He waited 11 months before Kaapjag intervened and contacted CFR and got it sorted.
    Not sure if the dealer he bought from had little motivation to try and sort out on his behalf.
    But Kaapjag sorted it out within 3 days.

I waited 9-10 months for a Shadow I transfered to dealer stock to be removed from my name.
    I had signed 534 transfer form and the 350 of dealer sent to CFR. About transfer.
    B534 duly signed by there DFO. Yet still took about 10 months.

At one point person at CFR said they now only do transfer when new applicant gets approved to safe time.

User

Not a new rule. I had this in January.
    DFO "cannot" capture the application if the firearm isn't in the Sellers name/on their books on the CFR System
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Not a new rule. I had this in January.
    DFO "cannot" capture the application if the firearm isn't in the Sellers name/on their books on the CFR System
    No. You're wrong. Up till October the DFOs could still update the system with the correct 350 details... that's why we had to attach 350s with the 271s. This function was disallowed recently.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I submitted an application on wednesday, that was still Government Department 29. The DFO then entered the code Government department, with dealer id 29, on the application on the computer, While my paper application still showed the dealer I bought from. I then asked him if this will not bugger up my application when at CFR, as by then the firearm might be properly dealer stocked, and the computer application doesn't correspond, or still not, and the paper application doesn't correspond with the system. He then said that I do not need to worry.

This was in Polokwane.

Quote Originally Posted by Grawer View Post
    I submitted an application on wednesday, that was still Government Department 29. The DFO then entered the code Government department, with dealer id 29, on the application on the computer, While my paper application still showed the dealer I bought from. I then asked him if this will not bugger up my application when at CFR, as by then the firearm might be properly dealer stocked, and the computer application doesn't correspond, or still not, and the paper application doesn't correspond with the system. He then said that I do not need to worry.

This was in Polokwane.
    I hope it works for you... but I suspect it won't!
    Unknown Barbarian

User

thanks guys, much appreciated. i guess i have no option but to wait. whats your thoughts on the cz p09 and what is the recommended ammo ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    No. You're wrong. Up till October the DFOs could still update the system with the correct 350 details... that's why we had to attach 350s with the 271s. This function was disallowed recently.
    Seems then that I somehow pissed off my DFO.
    Took close on 2 months for the app to be captured
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by singhs9 View Post
    thanks guys, much appreciated. i guess i have no option but to wait. whats your thoughts on the cz p09 and what is the recommended ammo ?
    Pointless to ask thoughts on the gun after you've bought it.

It's kinda like ordering the vindaloo at the dodgy eatery down the road and then checking out reviews on Zomato after you've consumed all of it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast