Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: new law/rule

User

Default Re: new law/rule

I too have had many clients call me for the same reason in the week. SAPS 350 paperwork sent through ages ago, SAPS fail to do the necessary admin and now I have a pissed off clients that want their money back. Super frustrating! Catch 22 really.

User

My DFO refused to accept my 271 because the firearm was still on the previous owners name even though I had personally delivered the 534 to them and had received the 350 from the dealer. Don't know why they couldn't just attach the relevant papertrail to my application.

After a month of chasing it up with them they eventually phoned me to say that their system was now showing the firearm on dealer stock and I could go ahead and apply.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Why?
    As per Bothma the removal of the facility whereby DFOs could correct errors (or the failure by CFR to update the system) was supposed to go hand-in-hand with the advent of the long-awaited electronic connectivity (wherebyu dealers could directly update the system with their stock movements). Unfortunately (?) the synchronisation is out of whack.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Your DFO is (strangely) correct.

A Directive issued a few weeks ago reveals that the Enhanced Firearms Management System is not able to capture apps where the name of the "current owner" does not match what the CFR has failed to input on the system.

Ask your dealer (nicely... it's NOT their fault) to resend the 350s to armscontrol1@saps.gov.za

And good luck.

howsit, just curious to know, can i forward the 350 doc's myself or does the dealer have to do it. its been a week now, and i havent heard anything from my dealer. all he says to me, definetely before december it will be on the dealers name then i can apply before i go on leave. how long does it normally take to be transfered.

thanks, have agreat day.

User

howsit, just curious to know, can i forward the 350 doc's myself or does the dealer have to do it. its been a week now, and i havent heard anything from my dealer. all he says to me, definetely before december it will be on the dealers name then i can apply before i go on leave. how long does it normally take to be transfered.

thanks, have agreat day.

User

how long does normally take for transfer to be done

User

thanks, have agreat day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by singhs9 View Post

thanks, have agreat day.
    Stop Spamming because you didn't get an immediate answer. It's a sure way to piss people off, possibly to the extent that they might not even want to respond to your question.

Join GOSA, and take up the option of using their legal advice if you really want a timely response.

User

Any update on this? I'm sitting in the same boat with 2 f/a's...

User

Any news?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast