Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Apologies for another which EDC Thread

So it's time to get my first firearm, the aim is to get a competent EDC weapon. The problem is getting from what I want to what I probably should get.

So some background my work environment is fairly relaxed In summer i dress in shorts and button up shirts most of the time with a T-shirt every once in a while. I'm not really concerned with being "made" at work but would still like to conceal as well as possible.

I'm not sure how big difference your build makes to carrying but lets put it out there, I'm basically a fat dwarf, a very good looking fat dwarf(for a complete picture)

So I've Narrowed down my options to two lists. The first one what I would like to get. The second list is what I probably should get. Are there any compelling reasons to shift the "what I want" higher up the I should get this list?

What I want:

1) PX 4 Compact
    2) P320 Compact (Yes I know)
    3) M&P9
    4) CZ Rami
    5) PO7

What I should Probably get:

1) PO 7 (The reason it above the next option:I'm old school and think pistols are a little bit like peeing...)
    2) P 10-C/G19 (I'll probably get some flak for putting these to together but in my view there isn't much between the two and price and availability would be the deciding factor for me)
    3) CZ Rami ( This seems to be little bit like a bridge gun between a compact and subcompact size with the 10 and 14 round magazines that is available, If only it was in a polymer frame it would have been a no-brainer for me)
    4) G26 (meh)
    5) PX 4 Compact (Back up remains the biggest concern)

Could you please share your thoughts and criticisms on the options listed?

User

Default Re: Apologies for another which EDC Thread

Glock 19

User

I have an M&P compact and I love it, and it lives on my hip day in and out. But, for the love of JMBrowning, in the SA context, buy yourself a G19 or a G26. Nothing wrong with the CZs but the PO7 and its plus-sized brother are fat and hooky, and I strongly believe a G19 will carry easier than a PO7.

for spares availability and cost of components and local support you're going to be hard-pressed to beat the glocks. The new G5's are also reportedly very nice to shoot. Carry gun should work when you need it. Buy right now and buy a coolguy gun later.

User

Stow the urge to be a special snowflake on your first gun.

Once you have a practical carry gun then you can snowflake to your hearts content.

User

Please, for the love of everything that shoots, just do not come tell us next week you have bought a P09...

User

Hahahhahahahahhah

User

Glock 19/26/43
    Cz po7
    Even the sig isn't too bad...
    This is SA spares cost of mags holsters etc far out weighs anything else.
    If you have a ton of money to spare then do it on ammo and training courses if you have three tonnes then buy a 2 x h&k's 5 spares kits 40 spare mags and be set for a few years

User

And kalahari arms has a beautiful gold .50 eagle for your third weapon in that shoulder holster

User

Recommend you try and first shoot (if possible) all on your list, that will then narrow it down quickly.

User

I am in the process of getting a gen 5 glock 19. Best support. Best availability of spares and mags. Guaranteed to go bang when you need it. I own a h&k p30 and im still gonna go with the g19 for my carry gun if that tells you anything.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast