Default Feral pig hunting in Western Cape

Hi everyone. My first post. I’m desperately looking for a farm to hunt feral pig in the paarl Wellington franschhoek area. Is there anyone that can help. Thanks
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 19-11-2017 at 16:25.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Ferret pig hunting in Western Cape

live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Been there!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Ferrel pig hunting in Western Cape

I am sorry , I did not see it when I looked .
    Welcome .
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Feral pigs a big problem in on the farms around Riebeeck Kasteel, and not easy to shoot them at all.

I have the business card of a Cape Nature guy who coordinates the feral pig control in the area somewhere, will see if I can find it and PM you (I think it is at the office so it will only be some time next week).

Alternative is to contact Kloovenberg Wine Farm and ask them, the last time I went shooting was on this farm.

User

The pigs have disappeared...or Cape nature has done a good job with their Portable Pool type fencing cages, about 10 meters in diameter, catching 10-15 at a time..viewing via cameras set up to send pics to cellphone of Riaan, the Cape Nature person responsible for eradicating the pigs...and then closes the gate of the cage via cellphone..and goes and shoots them with whatever he has at hand.

Sadly this has drastically reduced the nr of Ferral pigs in our area...thus..no use even trying..

Yes this has really messed up Ferral pig hunting for the recreational hunter!!

No I am trying to, to protect our area of pig hunting, just the honest truth.

Plus the Pig hunting farms are "dedicated" to a selected few hunters who are very secretive about it..

But the big farmers in the area who had an abundance of the Ferrals, have none anymore.

User

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    The pigs have disappeared...or Cape nature has done a good job with their Portable Pool type fencing cages, about 10 meters in diameter, catching 10-15 at a time..viewing via cameras set up to send pics to cellphone of Riaan, the Cape Nature person responsible for eradicating the pigs...and then closes the gate of the cage via cellphone..and goes and shoots them with whatever he has at hand.

Sadly this has drastically reduced the nr of Ferral pigs in our area...thus..no use even trying..

Yes this has really messed up Ferral pig hunting for the recreational hunter!!

No I am trying to, to protect our area of pig hunting, just the honest truth.

Plus the Pig hunting farms are "dedicated" to a selected few hunters who are very secretive about it..

But the big farmers in the area who had an abundance of the Ferrals, have none anymore.
    Damn... but not really.

Have been out of this for a year after a nasty bike accident.

Sad as it is w.r.t. hunting them, the damage they cause on the farms is severe, so getting them under control is a big win.

This is true, it was pretty much an 'invite only' thing.

I used a bow, have to say would have loved to be able to go out again.

And they make really good salami if dropped off the right butcher...