Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MSA Sordin's

User

Default Re: MSA Sordin's

No I only wear safety glasses for now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    I have the Sordins and my wife a set of Peltors. Both have gel pads available, my Sordins have them fitted, the Peltors not (yet).

The Peltors are analog electronics, the Sordins digital. I battle to hear a difference. The Sordins are significantly heavier. And twice the price.

I like the Sordins and I am happy with them, but I would battle to justify the extra cost to a prospective buyer.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I just received a set of Sordins and got the wife a set of Peltors as well. While I find that the Sordins are 'better' at attenuating gunshots than the Peltors, I must also admit it's not that much better, definitely not enough to justify double the price. Had I known this, I would've been perfectly happy with the Peltors for myself as well.

When referring to the Sordins being 'better', the Peltor attenuates all volume during gunshots (not in an annoying way at all I must admit), the Sordins only attenuate the gunshot; the ambient noise and conversation doesn't get attenuated. That being said, I find the Sordins a little noisier than the Peltors. Both do equally well in doing what they supposed to.

I hardly qualify as any kind of expert here, but for anyone looking for a nice set of electronic muffs, I'd say go for the Peltors and save yourself some cash over getting the Sordins.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Which is more comfortable wearing for 6 hours ?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

That I can't answer, as I've not worn either for that long. Neither were in any way uncomfortable for the time I wore them for comparison. That being said, I also haven't fitted the gel pads I got with the Sordins either.

User

I also have Sordins and my wife Peltors. Sordins are better. Sound quality is superior and they are more comfortable. So much so that my wife uses my Sordins when I am not using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Try it with the gel pads and keep it on for a hard day in the field.

Let us know.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I just received a set of Sordins and got the wife a set of Peltors as well. While I find that the Sordins are 'better' at attenuating gunshots than the Peltors, I must also admit it's not that much better, definitely not enough to justify double the price. Had I known this, I would've been perfectly happy with the Peltors for myself as well.

When referring to the Sordins being 'better', the Peltor attenuates all volume during gunshots (not in an annoying way at all I must admit), the Sordins only attenuate the gunshot; the ambient noise and conversation doesn't get attenuated. That being said, I find the Sordins a little noisier than the Peltors. Both do equally well in doing what they supposed to.

I hardly qualify as any kind of expert here, but for anyone looking for a nice set of electronic muffs, I'd say go for the Peltors and save yourself some cash over getting the Sordins.
    Would you mind sharing where you found a set of Sordins?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

I had to import bud, I couldn't find a supplier locally.

these are the guys I used. https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/781/hunt...rmuffs-75302-x

just note that you'll get stung on duties when they land. Lucky for me UPS screwed up by delivering before asking for duties, so I got off light. I don't mind paying vat and disimbursement fees, but trying to extort 'other' fees isn't on.

User

Got mine from Hailstorm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

When? They don't have stock now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast