Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Self loading rifles license refusals

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    Well I guess I'm going to hold off on getting that Type 56 then...
    That is exactly what they want, go pay for it tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by mo arabi View Post
    What's the best way forward. Would it be best to reapply in the new year?
    I have a 15-22 app that just went in. Should it come to this, I'll be appealing since i went to great lengths detailing exactly why each of my existing rifles are not able to fulfil this requirement.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    I have a 15-22 app that just went in. Should it come to this, I'll be appealing since i went to great lengths detailing exactly why each of my existing rifles are not able to fulfil this requirement.
    Good. Appeal if refused and your motivation is sound. Caveat, Appeals don’t always work. My appeal was refused for nefarious reasons. https://m.facebook.com/groups/2471105086?view=permalink&id=10155771857625087&_rd r

User

This had me seriously worried. My LM5 application was quite complex, because for some reason the previous owners license (green license) wasn't on cfr's system. We had to fix this (with GOSA's help) before I could apply. Got the good news about 15min ago that the license was approved.

Good luck to all of you.

Update from Martin Hood

Everybody thank you all for the response to my request for information about self loading rifle refusals. I had no idea how many refusals have been made using the same reason. It shows a policy shift and a simple failure on the part of Brig Bopape to consider each application on it's own merits. many people who have responded have provided me with their motivations and endorsements . These applications would have been approved a year ago but now there is clearly new barriers that we have to croos to obtain a self loading rifle. Next step is to make the police to tell us how they consider such applications.

User

I made a comment in jest earlier in this thread. S&O has a Tactical Black Friday tomorrow and I really want to pop past there to hopefully score a deal on an SLR. But with what's stated above I'm pretty hesitant to do so now?

Whats the feeling from others here? Rather hold off and wait to see how this pans out?

User

I made a comment in jest earlier in this thread. S&O has a Tactical Black Friday tomorrow and I really want to pop past there to hopefully score a deal on an SLR. But with what's stated above I'm pretty hesitant to do so now?

Whats the feeling from others here? Rather hold off and wait to see how this pans out?
    This what they want, you are witnessing another type of gun control in action , get your SLR , and stuff them :)

User

My LM5 was approved yesterday. My motivation was solid, so there was no excuses for denying my license.

There is hope. Buy that gun you want, because fukkem.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

User

Agreed - don't let them dictate terms. The law says we are allowed to own them and despite what they might think, they are not above the law. Buy and license people, buy and license.

The only requirements as per the Act is that you have to be 1) competent, 2) be a member of an accredited sport shooting association and 3) have and maintain dedicated status. Beyond that, and especially when your own organisation endorses your application for the stated use, the SAPS doesn't have this big discretion they think they do. They are to stick to the Act as we must all do.

Regards

Werner

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    I applied for a semi auto .22 (dedicated sport), already have a .22 bolt action (dedicated hunting)

I was concerned about a refusal for this very reason. Will wait and see what happens.
    I just got the terrible news that my app was refused. Reason given: : “Applicant failed to convince registrar on reasonable grounds why rifles of similar calibre issued on his name cannot address the need.”

Sooo, it seems that I will need to compete in semi auto shooting events with a bolt action!?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast