Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Self loading rifles license refusals

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    The reality is you can continue to submit applications until you are blue in the face, and the CFR will continue to turn them down at their leisure because they face no consequences. There is a grossly mistaken belief that appeals are a waste of time and energy. If we as a community don't lodge appeals and take the matter further, then nothing will change.
    You are right, and so is Werner.

Problem is, its easier to resubmit than go through the schlep of an appeal. If my 15-22 license is turned down, I will appeal it. Motivation not the greatest to be honest as I didn't say why my other rifles are insufficient. But I don't have to in terms of the law. but I do have competency, sworn declaration of dedicated status, all that is required by the Act.

lately the benches have become gatvol of bureaucrats wasting everyone's time and money with spurious litigation. A recent case from the KZN bench comes to mind. There is sufficient here for MJ Hood to get a personal costs order against Bopape.

Unfortunately, whilst the police are controlled by politicians and not citizens, we will have this firearms battle. Once they are controlled by citizens and accountable to their constituents, we would see a massive about-turn on firearms.

Absolutely agree. I went to great lengths to detail why none of my other rifles are suitable for the intended purpose, and will appeal if my 15-22 gets refused.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

Also got refused twice appeal was successful now waiting on card but dfo only going to provincial en of January so another stretch of agony awaits

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4