Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which holster type?

Dear all,

It's fantastic to at long last be in the position whereby I'm able to EDC, after eventually receiving my card.

The grip of my Sig P229 is however brutal to say the very least (currently using a standard Daniels holster) and I'm as such seriously considering the idea of using a hybrid holster (made by Geoff).

Any experience with single vs dual clip hybrid holsters? And out of curiosity, would the size of the "rig" be significantly bigger if the mag carrier was incorporated into the holster (I've attached some pics from the internet regarding potential ideas in this regard).

Thanks in advance for all the tips, advice and general chirps.

User

Default Re: Which holster type?

The top 2 seem like they for AIWB carry. I currently use the 3rd one, single clip hybrid. I find it comphy and conceals ok. I have never used a double clip hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

2 clip hybrid as more of a lower profile and lets the pants sit closer to the body.

Forget about having the mag attached to the holster

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Forget about having the mag attached to the holster
    This. Nigh impossible to reload that way anyway.

User

Congrats.

The E2 grips usually come with a couple of bags of cement. It takes some getting used to and if you're carrying appendix then prepare yourself for some scarring. No one said carrying was easy.

I use a Daniels holster with a full guard. Like I said, it took some getting used to but once you've gotten over your pain threshold it's all plain sailing.

Dual clip hybrid for me.

User

Also, be prepared to buy more than one holster. I currently use these 4 depending on where I am going.

The dual clip hybrid allows me to tuck in my shirt to conceal the gun.

User

HI
    I have been familiar with firearms and do sports shooting (DSS) for last 30 years. Never had the need to carry for SD for last 20 years, except when absolutely necessary at the time in my earlier years. However of late, I changed from CZ75 to P10c. Im looking around for a holster. I came upon this thread and would like to minimize the number of holsters needed. Im 1,85m, 110kg, (bit overweight yes), prefer tracksuit pants now. Your guys thoughts or point me in the right direction or perhaps a SA'n YouTube video

User

If you prefer tracksuit pants, you should look at the Phlster Enigma. Spendy but don't think there's anything better if you're not going to be wearing a belt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gunnersaa View Post
    HI
    I have been familiar with firearms and do sports shooting (DSS) for last 30 years. Never had the need to carry for SD for last 20 years, except when absolutely necessary at the time in my earlier years. However of late, I changed from CZ75 to P10c. Im looking around for a holster. I came upon this thread and would like to minimize the number of holsters needed. Im 1,85m, 110kg, (bit overweight yes), prefer tracksuit pants now. Your guys thoughts or point me in the right direction or perhaps a SA'n YouTube video
    Track pants and EDC are mutually exclusive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast