Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Oakley shooting glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    From what I've read the MIL PRF32432 and ANSI Z87.1 (2010) standards are the ones to look for
    The specs you mentioned is it related to the manufacturer specs or to a sport spec?

IPSC rulrbook
    5.4 Eye and Ear Protection
    5.4.1 All persons are warned that the correct use of adequate eye and ear protection is in their own interest and of paramount importance to prevent injury to vision and hearing. It is strongly recommended that eye and ear protection be worn at all times by all persons while on the range premises.
    5.4.2 Host organizations may require the use of such protection by all persons, as a condition of attendance and while present on the range premises. If so, Match Officials must make every reasonable effort to ensure that all persons wear adequate protection.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    The specs you mentioned is it related to the manufacturer specs or to a sport spec?

IPSC rulrbook
    5.4 Eye and Ear Protection
    5.4.1 All persons are warned that the correct use of adequate eye and ear protection is in their own interest and of paramount importance to prevent injury to vision and hearing. It is strongly recommended that eye and ear protection be worn at all times by all persons while on the range premises.
    5.4.2 Host organizations may require the use of such protection by all persons, as a condition of attendance and while present on the range premises. If so, Match Officials must make every reasonable effort to ensure that all persons wear adequate protection.
    I don't think that any sport has actual specs wrt ear and eye protection, like IPSC they just mention them as part of the minimum requirements and that's about it.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I’ve got some Oakley Prism lenses of some sort. Been running them for over a year. Will replace with the same
    I believe prizm is the coating, like polarised lenses

For those with Astigmatism, get the polarised version... as it makes red-dot sights into 'dots' again, instead of weird shaped starbursts.

User

I have the SI Tombstone Prizms and the Flak Jacket 2.0 XL photochromic and I'm impressed with them both.

User

I have been using the Oakley Sun Wire 2.0 with Oakley prescription lenses.
    Other than the arms really digging into the head with ear protection on, they have been great.

I went with clear lenses to allow me to do day and night shoots with them

User

I have the Oakley SI M3’s with TR22 lenses.
    The contrast is good and the arms are flat so don’t interfere with hearing protection.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    Flak Jacket 2.0 XL photochromic
    Looks VERY likely that I'm going this route. Thanks chaps for the feedback

User

Quote Originally Posted by dAyLiTe View Post
    For those with Astigmatism, get the polarised version... as it makes red-dot sights into 'dots' again, instead of weird shaped starbursts.
    Expand on this please?

Shot Vega5's 17 with a Docter optic on. Dot looked odd and not centred. And yes I have a slight astigmatism

User

I used to shoot with flak jackets untill they got stolen woth my bakkie.
    Now I use the flack 2.0 xl. The flack 2.0 is a bit more comfy and the lenses a little bigger for better eye coverage.

I am very tempted to buy another pair of flack 2.0 exclusively for shooting but with script lenses that is not polarised as working with the tablets for practiscore is a pita with polarised lenses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast